Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: mobile phone reception in wick

Default mobile phone reception in wick

what mobile phones providers (like virgin, t-mobile, o2, 3 etc) give the best reception in wick?

Quote Originally Posted by wickscorrie View Post
    what mobile phones providers (like virgin, t-mobile, o2, 3 etc) give the best reception in wick?
    Im on vodafone and i get a good reception in wick, but my kid's are on o2 and they also get good reception, it depends what kind of mobile you are after??
    Live for today as u never no what tomorrow will bring..

ive never lost reception in wick on o2,i top up £15 i get free calls and texts to o2 mobiles for a month,and the £15 credit is used for other networks,you also get a code sent to your phone that you enter on the o2 website you receive 2 free gifts(if you topup £15) 1 if you topup £10, my latest 2 gifts were 20minutes free calls to any network,the other was blockbuster rentals free for a month! cant go wrong with o2 in my opinion,hope this helps L

I changed from Orange to O2 a couple of years back - no probs around Wick and a little better (IMO) around Groats and other dodgy areas.

Free mobile to mobile, too.
    Last edited by northener; 12-Nov-09 at 15:56.

i to would recommend o2 always had a signal on my phone in wick, no problems with them and the free minutes and texts are good to.

Default mobile reception

You can go on the company websites & type in your postcode & see whats best with your area

O2 have the best coverage for this area but I wouldn't imagine you would struggle with the majority of providers.

I'm on Vodafone and can get a reception even in the dip in Watten in the middle of a stone building! My other half on the other hand has to walk a mile to the end of the lane to use his phone... He's on Orange

O2 has a mast on top of the lighting tower at the harbour so probably has the best all round reception in wick. Vodaphone has a mast up at the airport beside Simrad and are also pretty good but there is a lot of "shadows" down the high street etc. Don't know about any other suppliers.

I was on Orange for years and when we moved up here I was told O2 & Vodafone had better coverage.
    So I changed to O2 AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    18 months of bobbins signal and nightmare customer services, it go to the point they sent me a new free phone and payed my bill for the last few months, but they wouldn't cancel my contract.

On Vodafone now and get good coverage in most areas, even in the middle of Camster forest too!

Ooops, forgot to say, went onto T-Mobile after O2, Good coverage with them too and excellent customer services.
    Last edited by Phill; 13-Nov-09 at 21:58. Reason: 'cos I'm a dozy bugger