Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: me and my 14 kids

Default me and my 14 kids

Did anyone watch this program? What do you think? I don't think a single mother should have been inseminated six times in the first place. there are plenty needy kids in the world if she loved kids that much. Having said that, I can respect her decision not to abort some of the fetus's - how can you chose which you are going to destroy? So now they are here, she is only making money from them to support them, and I think it was ludicrous of the courts trying to take control of the money from her to keep for the children. Was the government going to keep them then?
    I felt really sorry for the little girl who wished she was an only child - and the little boy who hated being filmed or talked about - but how else can she provide for her brood?
    All that muck on the internet and in the papers is only going to hurt the children.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Was this show about the "Octomom" woman in California? The California courts have a long history of locking money away for the protection of children. There was a child star back in the 1920s or 30s who made a bucket of money and his parents squandered the lot. He ended up a broke adult with no marketable skills. Laws were introduced both to put the money in trust and to make sure the children received a basic education. This makes twins very popular as they can share a role and take turns acting or taking school classes (like the Olsen girls).

Yes it was about the octomom. It was engaging but at the same time horrific. It made teenagers getting pregnant to get social housing look like rank amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    It made teenagers getting pregnant to get social housing look like rank amateurs.
    A drive through Wick high street this afternoon confirmed to me that there's plenty practicing.

Yes but the Wickers won't ever have her success. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't her wage bill for her helpers $10,000 a month or maybe even a week and her house didn't look too scraggy.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Yes but the Wickers won't ever have her success. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't her wage bill for her helpers $10,000 a month or maybe even a week and her house didn't look too scraggy.
    that's what I mean. If the government locked away the money she makes - who foots the bill? Or do the children go into care at what cost?
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    A drive through Wick high street this afternoon confirmed to me that there's plenty practicing.
    ..........you're right there theone, it will soon be as bad as Thurso.