Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Attention all SKY Customers

Exclamation Attention all SKY Customers

If you are a SKY Customer then the time will come when you have to telephone them. I am always miffed that the telephone number is a 08442 one and that I have to pay extra just to get a problem solved.

I have now found out that you do not need to phone SKY on a 08442 number. All Customers can Phone Sky on :-

01506 831995

This Number does work as I had to phone SKY Yesterday twice as my SKY + had a Fault and I pned them on theis number. Not only did it work but I got through to a Operator quicker than normal.

And you will not be charged the extra only the normal natiol rate. Also if you are like me and get free calls in the evening and weekend and you phone them on this number after 6pm or at the weekend then it is a free call.

You can also get alternative numbers for other companies from the following web page :-

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

You just put in the name of the company or the 0844 number and it will come up with a alternative number and sometimes even a freephine number.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Thanks for that - very helpful and useful post.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Aye, it really annoys me all these 087 or 084 numbers, especially as a lot of mobile contracts now allow free landline calls, you end up paying more for a "local" call.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php is a good site. But another little trick to remember, on the back of your credit/debit card there is an international number for lost and stolen cards. This is normally a standard UK landline and goes to the same call centres as the 08rob-u-blind numbers, so you can use that to call your bank etc. instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Watch out for scam calls too folks! Number that calls you is 008001218143

i have had this call 3 times a month since August. I have told them i believe its a scam.

They are telling me my maintenace is up on my sky box even though i have already paid for it when i got the Sky+ fitted they were trying to get more money and my bank details.

All i said was "you already have my bank details"

I tried the whole "i cant afford it" part but then the guy asked why. So i said because i have too many scammers like you phoning me!

So the man replied "sorry to waste your time"
    Sorry ShelleyBain I think you have got the wrong end of the stick. This thread is not about receiving Phone Calls that are a scam. This is about Not using the expensive 08442 Phone Nimber if and when you need to telephone SKY for any reason.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Sorry ShelleyBain I think you have got the wrong end of the stick. This thread is not about receiving Phone Calls that are a scam. This is about Not using the expensive 08442 Phone Nimber if and when you need to telephone SKY for any reason.
    Post removed!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

SKY change their 01506 switchboard number regularly, but the "say no to" website usually offers an alternative. Last time I got a London 02 number and the chap who answered was a Sky movie director, but transferred my call.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    SKY change their 01506 switchboard number regularly, but the "say no to" website usually offers an alternative. Last time I got a London 02 number and the chap who answered was a Sky movie director, but transferred my call.
    If the 01506 number does not work then it has been changed by SKY. So just log in to :-

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Once there you will be able to chsck what the new geographical number is.

Edgar Allen Poe

This is only loosly connected to this thread but I heard the blue sky cards are being changed to white soon and will cost something like £20-30. If you do not change your Sky card you will no longer get it so this is just a heads up for over the next few months to those who get Sky but are not on a contract with them. Keep it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by achingale View Post
    This is only loosly connected to this thread but I heard the blue sky cards are being changed to white soon and will cost something like £20-30. If you do not change your Sky card you will no longer get it so this is just a heads up for over the next few months to those who get Sky but are not on a contract with them. Keep it in mind.
    I haven't had a contract with sky for a couple of years or more and I got a white card to replace my blue one and wasn't charged.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Seem to never be off the phone to SKY since we got the HD+ box in. Should of kept the old Panasonic box, had it for 8 years with not a single problem. When we upgraded, seems we upgraded a whole lot of hassle too.