Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Do You Believe In A God?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

95 46.34%
  • No

110 53.66%
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe in a God?

The question is do you believe in God!! NOT do you believe in Christianity,Islam, Judaism ect.... which are human institutions.

If a god is mearly a more advanced organic life form then the probability is for it's exsistance as we are living proof ourselves as the more we advance the closer we become to opening the secrets of creating life rather than nature evolving it.

If we exsist then why should a God or God's not exsist?

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    It is more likely that Constantine replaced Mithra, a Persian diety, with Christ as the Roman legions were Mithrans. Christianity bears little or no resemblance to the Egyptian religions.
    I didn't say that Christianity bore resemblances from Egyptian Religions, I said that Christianity was a Direct Take from Egyptian believes. Meaning that Christianity is primarily based upon that off Egyptian Religions...

http://www.egyptcx.netfirms.com/

Horus - Jesus
    Gilgamesh - Noah
    Sargon - Moses
    I Have Not Stolen - Thou Shall Not Steal
    I Have Not Killed - Thou Shall Not Kill
    I Have Not Told Lies - I Shall Not Bear False Witness

The similarities between these particular religions go on for page after page after page, I kid you not...Christianity is based upon many different religions, but it's basic foundations come from Egypt...

The whole cycle of the planet repeats itself over & over again, some say we've been here many times, some even say that we've been here & had this very conversation many times before! & the reason we go back is to correct our mistakes, but we've failed every time, hence why we keep coming back! This theory works like a computer game, you start to play, you die, & you keep repeating the level your on until you pass over to the next stage. Very similar to The Matrix...

Stavro - I said in a previous post that nobody can answer these questions, nobody has any proof, it's all theories, heresay...Why do folk want to know where we came from? It makes more sense to look at what we're heading towards, & that's Global Destruction! We are at the end of our time, & we're all contributing to the end...

ie. We'll never be able to prove whether there's a God or not, so forget about it & move on...
    Greed & Competition aren't the result of immutable human temperament, greed & fear of scarcity have being created & amplified. Consequently, we've got to fight with each other in order to survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Just wondering whether to introduce bairn to teachings of father xmas and Jesus or Darwin and Dawkins.
    All of them then he can decide for himself!!

Scorpio12thNov

Religion evolves over time and they all borrow and raid from each other as religion is human and created by humans, God never created religion we did. Jesus never created Christianity..we did.

If you read the Sci-Fi novel Dune which is a great book if you want to understand humans and our reltionships with religion you will see that the religions set in the future in the book are a melting pot of todays religions... like mohammed and Buddah both being Gods within the same religion.

Humans create religion and saying Christianity is just Egyption religion with a slant does nothing to disprove or prove the exsistance of a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    ......If a god is mearly a more advanced organic life form then the probability is for it's exsistance as we are living proof ourselves as the more we advance the closer we become to opening the secrets of creating life rather than nature evolving it.

If we exsist then why should a God or God's not exsist?
    Fair comment, but the problem is that there are those amongst us who view this 'God(s)' existance as an irrefutable fact and not something to be questioned/discovered by rational means.

Also, if God (accepting for a moment that there is such a being) is an organic entity in the accepted sense and not some conciousness or other form that is unknown to us - doesn't this take them/it from the supernatural world and into the natural world? Thus rendering them nothing more than a clever life-form?
    This takes us back to your point about humans playing at being God. Who'd worship that?

So let's get this straight.

You ask,
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    Are you trying to say that you feel that religion has had nothing to do with what's happening over there?
    and I reply, "No."

And then you say,
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    Well then you are either naive or stupid, and I know where I'm putting my money.
    Since you do not even understand your OWN question, you must be both naive AND stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio12thNov View Post
    Do people honestly believe that there's a man in the sky, watching our every move
    But of course.

(in best geordie accent) Day 733772, Mary Smith is doing her Christmas Shopping, little Jack brown is picking his nose........................

Scorpio12thNov

Religion evolves over time and they all borrow and raid from each other as religion is human and created by humans, God never created religion we did. Jesus never created Christianity..we did.

If you read the Sci-Fi novel Dune which is a great book if you want to understand humans and our reltionships with religion you will see that the religions set in the future in the book are a melting pot of todays religions... like mohammed and Buddah both being Gods within the same religion.

Humans create religion and saying Christianity is just Egyption religion with a slant does nothing to disprove or prove the exsistance of a god.
    I know religion is man made, & I know one religion takes exerpts from other religions. & I believe my God to be the Universe.

However, my point is that we've been led to believe that God & Religion (any religion) are two of the same. "Jesus is the Son of God" We have been led to believe this for so many years.

Why?

Control man!

Religion is slavery, it's controlling the world. The Vatican is the most profitable company in history, & the auld kiddies dying in care homes give their donations to the Church week in/week out because they think they're doing the right thing for their God!
    Greed & Competition aren't the result of immutable human temperament, greed & fear of scarcity have being created & amplified. Consequently, we've got to fight with each other in order to survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    But of course.

(in best geordie accent) Day 733772, Mary Smith is doing her Christmas Shopping, little Jack brown is picking his nose........................
    Facepalm moment!

But yer 100% correct...reality is a figment of our imagination

Cool

But yer 100% correct...reality is a figment of our imagination[/quote]

Nah!...Way I heard it was...
    Reality is an illusion caused by the lack of alcohol!"
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Do people honestly believe that there's a man in the sky, watching our every move
    (in best geordie accent) Day 733772 part MMCXVI, ....................and the human are facing another secret eviction and another 357,000 housemates.

I know religion is man made, & I know one religion takes exerpts from other religions. & I believe my God to be the Universe.

However, my point is that we've been led to believe that God & Religion (any religion) are two of the same. "Jesus is the Son of God" We have been led to believe this for so many years.

Why?

Control man!

Religion is slavery, it's controlling the world. The Vatican is the most profitable company in history, & the auld kiddies dying in care homes give their donations to the Church week in/week out because they think they're doing the right thing for their God!

I disagree because thats far too sweeping a statement and does not take into account any positives, it is man that is corrupt not Religion itself. Like anything created by man it has good and bad.

Religion gave education to many who would of been too poor to afford an education, religion has helped countless of people in extreme poverty in paticular during times when our own ruling elite lorded over the masses.

It was honest men with strong Christian beliefs that fought to put an end to slavery of our fellow men in this world.

Christians up and down America risked thier very lives to smuggle black slaves to freedom in Canada.

There is good and bad in every human insitution not just religion... Humans will abuse Religion for our own ends... but you cant damn everyone.
    Last edited by Flashman; 16-Dec-09 at 21:06.

I disagree because thats far too sweeping a statement and does not take into account any positives, it is man that is corrupt not Religion itself. Like anything created by man it has good and bad.
    Religion gave education to many who would of been too poor to afford an education, religion has helped countless of people in extreme poverty in paticular during times when our own ruling elite lorded over the masses.
    It was honest men with strong Christian beliefs that fought to put an end to slavery of our fellow men in this world.
    Christians up and down America risked thier very lives to smuggle black slaves to freedom in Canada.
    There is good and bad in every human insitution not just religion... Humans will abuse Religion for our own ends... but you cant damn everyone.
    Religion is corrupt, education is corrupt, media is corrupt, government is corrupt, banks are corrupt! We are living in a corrupt world man!

Man created all this, so yes man is corrupt too. What I learned in school I now understand to be lies, the media lie, banks lie, the government lie & religion is a lie...

Jesus fed 5000 men with a loaf of bread & two fish...............

But maybe, just maybe, it's true......

Personally, I don't give a monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    But of course.

Write it in Geordie for authenticity

"Mary Smith wes deein hor Christmas shoppin, Smal Jackie Broon was howkin his snek"

Do I believe in a god?
    Not until I get an inkling that there's a god that believes in me.
    To all you believers out there, a schoolgirl question: If there's an all-powerful god, how come all this bad stuff keeps happening??
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

I believe that there is something, but not too sure what ! If that makes sense ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rictina View Post
    I believe that there is something, but not too sure what ! If that makes sense ?
    If that is the case, how are you going to expand on your experience?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

[quote=Flashman;633452]

quote]
    Most of the slaveowners were very strict Christians also and most of the slavers were Christians.

God is a D.J., it's just that many of us have chosen not to listen.

Exclamation

[quote=Gleber2;633602]

It was honest men with strong Christian beliefs that fought to put an end to slavery of our fellow men in this world. quote]

Most of the slaveowners were very strict Christians also and most of the slavers were Christians.
    And a lot of them were guid Scots Protestants!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing