Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Do You Believe In A God?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

95 46.34%
  • No

110 53.66%
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe in a God?

Default Do You Believe in a God?

By God, I mean conscious or at one point conscious higher power who created life on this planet and has any interest in the human race, and that can punish or reward humans based on their moral choices.

Dont ask for a Dont Know option, if you are unsure as to the existence of a God then you have no belief in it, therefore no.

No i don't believe in god.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Its a big no from me! But i dont judge people who do. My mum is christian and 2 of her sisters are Ministers. My OH's family are religous too but he isn't.

If people do believe in God then thats ok, but i just dont.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Its a big no from me! But i dont judge people who do. My mum is christian and 2 of her sisters are Ministers. My OH's family are religous too but he isn't.

I am the same each to their own. As long as i am not preached to.
    The thing that really gets on my nerves is when you get people knocking at your door preaching.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Default God believes in you....

Yes I believe in God

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post

I agree with you, but i cant stand it when people dont get their facts right. i got a leaflet from the Jehovas Witnesses saying evolution was "chance" and "an accident". Shame I wasnt there at the time they delivered it.

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedtreefrog View Post
    I agree with you, but i cant stand it when people dont get their facts right. i got a leaflet from the Jehovas Witnesses saying evolution was "chance" and "an accident". Shame I wasnt there at the time they delivered it.
    They came to my door earlier this year. I told them i wasnt interested, they still didnt leave. I went to close the door as i was in the middle of changing my sons nappy and they put their foot in the door. They soon ran off when my OH came down the stairs!

I also dont like when people try to "force" their beliefs on me. If i wanted to believe something i would do it on my own free will!

My religion is legally actually classed as "Jedi"
    Last edited by ShelleyCowie; 07-Nov-09 at 23:16. Reason: spelling!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

[quote=ShelleyBain;617641]They came to my door earlier this year. I told them i wasnt interested, they still didnt leave. I went to close the door as i was in the middle of changing my sons nappy and they put their foot in the door. They soon ran off when my OH came down the stairs!

I also dont like when people try to "force" their beliefs on me. If i wanted to believe something i would do it on my own free will!

My religion is legally actually classed as "Jedi" [/quote
    ]My religion is legally actually classed as "Jedi"

You have been watching question time haven't you.

no i do not

I have The Lord Jesus Christ in my life for now and forever and, for that, I'm grateful.

I know of a few people on here, who know my real name (so obviously know me as a person) and I could well imagine their reaction to my post. ! ! ! ! I think it may give them something to talk about come Monday morning at work ............ eh ??

As previously said though, on this thread, everyone to themselves, and everyone is more than entitled to an opinion of their own.....

If you do or if you don't have a Faith (of any kind ??) - I've no bother with either - cos I ain't gonna start preaching; so dinna worry !!!

I treat people the way I find them, and how they treat me and mine back in return is what counts, not what their religion may or may not be - kindness, in my book, is what we should base others on.

God Bless X

Yes, I believe in God.

Perhaps you could quote some of the facts from the JW leaflet that you think are wrong? Along these lines, there was a creation v evolution talk in Wick Baptist Church last winter which covered a lot of this material.

I'm a believer
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Perhaps you could quote some of the facts from the JW leaflet that you think are wrong?
    Binned the leaflet a while ago, but the general jist of it was that evolution is a chance process, which is untrue. Quite clearly, an animal will adapt it's body to it's surroundings to make itself actually survive. Not chance at all.

Default P/s !!!

Oh, by the way, I'm not, a Jehovvah's Witness !! (Good greif, I canna spell hid anyway, even if I were one !!!! )

I'm a Protestant, of the Christian variety, and proud o' it too !!!!

Binned the leaflet a while ago, but the general jist of it was that evolution is a chance process, which is untrue. Quite clearly, an animal will adapt it's body to it's surroundings to make itself actually survive. Not chance at all.
    That's just adapting, not a new species. I think you may find that the chance they are referring to in their leaflet is that concerned with getting a protein molecule, say, from a bunch of amino acids. That kind of thing.

Where is the option for "sometimes"?

Default Religon

God is not the problem... it's the religon's all based around control...

Angel

I believe in something but it most certainly doesn't come within your definition.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I would believe in a god if I could see a point in it.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

yes, i believe. I love God, and I know God loves me. sometimes I get a little lost and loose hope, and when it looks really bleak my faith is what picks me up again. I dont have a problem with others faith, I hope that other dont have a problem with mine.
    one of my fav. verse is this:
    But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.
    i really do try to live by this, and its amazing how hard it is at times. im not perfect, but its a good rule of thumb, and a great guide line.
    but saying that my fav. verse in the bible is.........
    6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

those three verses mean a lot to me and have done since i first read them at age 17.
    it may be because im from the bible belt and have been brought up with God as a part of my everyday life.
    But, I am happier for it. I am content. and at the end of the day im still standing.
    and I wish that for everyone, even if it is hard at times.
    http://itqueries.com/

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast