Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orgers not in Caithness

Pepsi - if Caithness (Thurso) is so rubbish and you wanted out of there, why do you visit so often? I can't understand it!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1984
    Pepsi - if Caithness (Thurso) is so rubbish and you wanted out of there, why do you visit so often? I can't understand it!
    You're right; twice a year is a bit much. Am planning on cutting it down to the annual visit as of next year.

However, everyone has to have a home town, Debs, and Thurso is mine. I may no longer live there - I may not even call it home anymore - but the place still means a lot to me. And I never called Caithness rubbish.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    I thought ye were a Wicker Pepsi?
    I thought that'd be an insult TPC lol

& before anyone gets wired into me my grandad was from Loisburrough st. (I might have spelled that last bit wrong)

Otepopo Guest

I live in Herbert, North Otago, New Zealand. My ggrandparents (Gillespie / Ronaldson) came from Glengolly / Dunnet. I am well into genealogy hence my interest in Caithness. I am also working on Caithness census records with Freecen.

Cool Home Country

Quote Originally Posted by dozerboy
    Can I ask Orgers who don't stay in Caithness, a bit about where they do stay and what attracted to the org?
    Born in Thurso,Live in Australia but Caithness Org takes me back to the old country any time I want,thats how I keep up with what happens in the old town Robin

Come from kent, moved to lybster 3 yrs ago, moved back to lincolnshire 2 yrs ago in aug because of family. Loved it up there and made loads of friends.
    computer says no ........

Grew up in Lancashire

Moved to Caithness in 1997 six weeks after finding it existed and four weeks after visiting it for one day for the first time

moved to inverness in 2004 where i live still

Love love love caithness thoughand im gobby and opinionated so this board lets me be that

Quote Originally Posted by dozerboy
    Can I ask Orgers who don't stay in Caithness, a bit about where they do stay and what attracted to the org?
    Came to Wick aged 2 or 3 in 1950.
    Left in 1968 to go to St Andrews University - and am still there!

Great-grandmother was an Adamson from Mid Clyth.

The (rather neglected) photos I can find from these days are at:

http://chemistry.st-and.ac.uk/staff/jrb/wick/

JimBews

That's a long time to be in university, JimBews

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    That's a long time to be in university, JimBews
    I'm NOT still a student, honest!

Born in Week, went to HS there, went to Uni in Edinburgh then Newcastle, then back to Edinburgh for a few years working then got posted to the USA (Hawaii!! Woohoo) and now living and working in California.

Just come in here to see what people might be saying about me. You know how Caithness people gossip.

PS Ms Pepsi I know why Tom Wolfe can never go home again - have you seen the way that bloke dresses?
    Last edited by George Brims; 19-Apr-06 at 21:11.

Default Why I love the org

I was born in Canada (not that far from Canuck) and moved to Thurso when I was 11. Spent 4 wonderful and happy years there and have missed it ever since. Been back a few times to visit, but not as often as I would like. Every year I fantisize about travelling up the West coast and then spending the summer in Thurso - look up old haunts and old friends.

Ah, dream on.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Brought up in Thurso, but nearly Canada as the old man got stuck in a snowdrift at Carrbridge on his way to get the passport!

Living on the south side of Loch Ness and high above it but 40 years away and still in that time warp of boyhood. I don't see the people I grew up with but can recognise their descendants on the streets.

Stood at the top of Rose Street last year and realised just how much noise the waves makes crashing onto the beach. Its probably unnoticeable when you're resident in Thurso.

Are there still Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Toronto/Caithness associations or has the Org taken over from them completely?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12