Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urinating on war memorial

Default Urinating on war memorial

Listening to radio2 about the 19yr old who urinated on a war memorial and could be sent to prison for it, some think its harsh, what they are saying his name phil laing is on utube and has had threats of being kneecaped or murdered. With having his name on the internet he will be persecuted for the rest of his life, what they are talking about it is how can he redeam himself. People have phoned in and said he should be made to clean up war memorials, or run a marathon to raise money for help of heros. Yes he should be given harsh punishment but is prison the answer?
    Last edited by highlander; 05-Nov-09 at 18:20.

Imprisoned for urinating on a memorial? Has the world gone completely mad?

He is young and daft, the fault is on us for not inculcating him into a life of respect for all things that need respect. We are really needing a load of shame right now.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks for posting the link

Thumbs down

Another case of the vile british media blowing something all out of proportion. He was a drunken divot who more than likely had no idea what he was taking a leak on, he should be fined, given a bucket and scrubbing brush, and told to scrub the memorial clean on a Saturday afternoom for all to see, but jail?...that's just a step too far.
    This happens every weekend up and down the country, this lad is one of thousands doing the same thing, he was just unlucky enough to be photographed doing it.

now i dont condem what he has done, imo he is young and was a bit worse for ware after to many shandy's, but by all means put him in prison. Right after they put the 100's of muslim extreemist's who march in protest of the war and those who serve us in foreign lands, with slogan's of hate etc, what's good for one is good for the others surely?
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Yes he should be punished but not with Prison, what will that teach him?

Better to make him clean it up and do a bit of community service helping people who fought in WW2 and learn a bit about what they fought for.

How many "Brits Abroad" go urinating all over Europe, it is more of a binge drinking problem I think.

Why not let him spend his sentence in a military prison? A spell in DQ's would soon sort him out, no human rights in those places.
    Last edited by golach; 05-Nov-09 at 16:01.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Imprisoned for urinating on a memorial? Has the world gone completely mad?

He is young and daft, the fault is on us for not inculcating him into a life of respect for all things that need respect. We are really needing a load of shame right now.
    If it had been your new Wendy house he had been photographed urinating on, would you be so tolerent Rheg?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Skin him alive! Skin him alive, cut bits off him and burn his twitching corpse, then fashion his skin into a vile, gruesome, flapping cape to be worn by the pitchfork-wielding, torch-bearing, baying mobs as they dance around his open funeral pyre!

Yeah, that'll teach him. Teach him good. If it was good enough for Ozzy Osbourne after he did the same on the Alamo, then it's good enough for this reprobate.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Bring back national service that'll teach em.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Skin him alive! Skin him alive, cut bits off him and burn his twitching corpse, then fashion his skin into a vile, gruesome, flapping cape to be worn by the pitchfork-wielding, torch-bearing, baying mobs as they dance around his open funeral pyre!
    And THEN make him clean up the memorial!

your just too easy going.....

People are such idiots. Kneecapping anyone for any reason is much worse that peeing on something, for any reason!

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Listening to radio2 about the 19yr old who urinated on a war memorial and could be sent to prison for it, some think its harsh, what they are saying his name phil young is on utube....
    Now that is scary

You pratt! don't slander the name of Phil Young like that again! READ the article ...

Philip Laing, 19, was described as being 'ashamed, disgusted and embarrassed' at his behaviour when he appeared in court.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0W0JCiMN3
    Last edited by annthracks; 05-Nov-09 at 17:42. Reason: cursing and added article link

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    And THEN make him clean up the memorial!

your just too easy going.....
    Aye, I'm just a bleeding-heart, lily-liberal, yoghurt-knitting peacenik.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Why not let him spend his sentence in a military prison? A spell in DQ's would soon sort him out, no human rights in those places.
    That sounds fair to me! The lad wudna know what had hit him them!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Make him lick it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by annthracks View Post
    Now that is scary

You pratt! don't slander the name of Phil Young like that again! READ the article ...

Philip Laing, 19, was described as being 'ashamed, disgusted and embarrassed' at his behaviour when he appeared in court.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0W0JCiMN3
    LOL well first of all i was going to say why am i prat, ok i gave the wrong surname, i appoligize to any phil youngs out there, but if anyone happened to go on utube they would not find what they were looking for about this subject, but im sure there is nicer ways to say someone has made a typing error! also why dont you also phone up radio2 to correct them on the name too, as that is where i got the name phil young, as you will have noticed i did say thanks for the link to the story after i typed what was said on the radio.
    Last edited by highlander; 05-Nov-09 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Tides~~ View Post
    People are such idiots.
    Very true. And how the warmongers have always utilized this fact.

The kid is being made an example of to keep pro-war interests happy.

Clean the memorial and spend some time with some war veterans - then he will feel ashamed of himself for his lack of respect for these men who risked so much and lived through so much. He wont simply be ashamed of being seen cleaning up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast