Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: why have we not got a macdonalds resturant up here

Default why have we not got a macdonalds resturant up here

seems pathetic the nearest one is in inverness and there is plenty of room near tesco wick kids would love it and they dont get much living way up here well a kfc or sumthing would be ok but you know what up here will never change as all the folks up here are still in the 1920s they say change is good what do you think your kids will be eating when they go to university and where will they be working oh wait aminute lets get rid of tesco as well eh we might as well just say no to all new retailers comming up here lol over and out
    Last edited by transit; 03-Nov-09 at 15:40.

i agree

cheeseburger and mcflurry

Default mmnnn my favourite

upolian could u throw in a big mac aswell mate lol

yeah, I mean it is a vital service, even more than the post office.

Be even more fatties in Caithness if McDonalds arrived there.

My son only didn't have a club or an activity on two days of the week. That was because I thought his week was full enough. There is a huge amount for kids to do in Caithness, as long as their parents are interested enough to get them going. Does Caithness need a McDonald premises (I refuse to use the word restaurant, because it definately isn't that!)? Yeah....like a fish needs a bicycle.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_ View Post
    My son only didn't have a club or an activity on two days of the week. That was because I thought his week was full enough. There is a huge amount for kids to do in Caithness, as long as their parents are interested enough to get them going. Does Caithness need a McDonald premises (I refuse to use the word restaurant, because it definately isn't that!)? Yeah....like a fish needs a bicycle.

We don't need one but the question was "why isn't there one", not the pros and cons of having one. Personally I would never eat there but a large percentage of people do so if there is enough business for all at the retail park etc I don't see why there wouldn't be enough for a McDonald's etc.

Maybe people who are interested could contact McDonalds direct?

ive often wondered why theres not fast food like mcdonalds or pizza hut or burger king up here.
    theres enough chippies Chinese and Indians around! and fran would def. get served for under a 10ner!
    i think we could support it.. and it would make money, and there are healthy choices on the menu now!
    also, it would be a nice treat! no one is saying you have to eat there 3 meals a day 365 days a year!
    http://itqueries.com/

Sod Macdonalds,lets have a KFC, Much better. We used to have Macdonalds regularly when we lived down south.When we moved up here we didn`t have one for 3 months. Had one in Inverness all I could taste was fat and sugar. We all felt rough the next day too.Even our daughter won`t eat it now.
    Last edited by Mik.M.; 03-Nov-09 at 09:59. Reason: .
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Default No thanks for Macdonalds

No thanks for Macdonalds in Wick, there are plenty of non fatty food related treats for our kids and I am sure this Macdonalds dining experience would not be life enhancing at all. We are so lucky up here we have open space and relative freedom for our kids and lots of activities if you get out there and look, in the big picture the lack of fast food (junk) outlet will not impact in a negative way upon their childhood. I am sure that should you wish to indulge your kids in this lovely "treat" the experience would be greater if less frequent so the trip to Inverness could warrant a wee treat to the big M.

Thumbs down why have we not got a maccdonalds restuarant up here

Definitely a no for me. In Edinburgh a few weeks ago and my son insisted on a macdonalds for lunch and it was like eating a bit of cardboard,even the sprite was watered down with the amount of ice cubes in it.Keep them in Inverness as far as I am concerned

KFC or Pizzahut for me please.

Thank you.
    STAY IN TUNE

just wondering how many jobs here pay more than min wage in the retail sector? you know im kinda sick and tired of hearing nothing but neg. responses to anything new. do you people want caithness to die out? lets face it, if we dont get retail up here, then at the end of the day there will be nothing left. back home there are loads and loads of fast food everywhere. dosent mean that we ate there very often. in fact as a child we went once a month, when my dad got paid. i thought it was the best thing ever! i was allowed to get a kids meal with a cheeseburger with ketchup mustard and extra pickles, french fries and a choc. shake. boy was i the bees knees.
    my mother didnt even allow table salt on my food at home.
    so this was a rare treat.
    http://itqueries.com/

Well, my son heard a rumour that MacDonalds was taking over the All Star Factory, lol.

I would not go to a Macdonald's. Their food is like rubber as already mentioned. Yuk! Maybe there is a business opportunity for someone up here to do something similar but better? If a fast food chain was to come I would much prefer Pizza Hut.

The arrival of fast food chains would spoil the beauty of caithness. Anyway, the food is rubbish,rubbish,rubbish. Surely your kids health is more important.

All this slagging off the fast food giants, as if chippys chinese etc serve healthy fast food, last I heard the food was pretty much fried full of salt ad MSG's etc etc etc. What about Subway some of there stuff can be healthy and even MacDonald’s sell salads fruit etc and do deli sandwiches, so it's not any worse than what we've got already probably better. It's still a democratic society from what I here so let people have the choice if MacDonald’s etc is as bad as some of you say it is, people won't eat there.

I wouldn't go into MacDonalds if it was at the bottom of my garden - I hate the smell when I pass the place - YUK!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    We don't need one but the question was "why isn't there one", not the pros and cons of having one.
    Transit said that an McDonald would give children something to do as there was nothing much up here for kids (or at least that is what I managed to understand):

Quote Originally Posted by transit
    .......seems pathetic the nearest one is in inverness and there is plenty of room near tesco wick kids would love it and they dont get much living way up here.........
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Hmmm....the negativity is shining through. Change is needed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast