Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Weather

Default Weather

That was some storm last night, not much better now, any ideas of when it's going to ease off?

has any of the papers made it up from inverness ??

I've never seen so much rain lol last night the x99 comin north was some journey lol

You're just jealous because the
    voices are talking to me and not you!

I am just keeping my eye on a large lake behind our house. Since someone has interfered with the burn the water is not getting away so if it rains heavy again tonight we will be swimming. All my sandbags are rotten as the council brought me them too early in the year.

I couldnt believe the rain yesterday! I was in wick in the afternoon and on the way there and back the roads were really bad! Today is a bit better here thankfully. Hopefully it stays this way! I dont mind some rain but not that much! Get stuck in the house then and cant stand that!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Was a little wet yesterday but not what i would class as a storm for up here.
    35mm rain in dunbeath and only 18mm here in scrabster - flooding in aberdeenshire, again!

maybe a very wet winter

Default "According to Trix !!"

Sorry to be imitating you Trix, but I couldna help myself !!!....

"Hid wis choost an awful nicht last nicht, hid wis peltin' doon e' whole time an' a could herdly get an oonce o' sleep wi' e' noise all 'at waat'er poorin' doon wis mekin' "

(Only imitating yee Trix cos I think yer Caithness "twang" is brill !)

Default weather

I travelled down through Caithness last night and have never seen rain like it. At Keiss, Quoys of Reiss, Occumster and Latheronwheel a submarine would have been of more use than a 4x4. I was even glad to reach Portgower.