Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Big Rot

Angry The Big Rot

Aint it a shame that there are no dentists on the nhs anymore. Single mothers/fathers and people on low income what are they supposed to do? I know that they can get the insurance plan that covers 2 check ups per year i think three hygiene appointments and as many emergency appointments as you need. But you still have to pay for the treatment and the dentists are not cheap. There are people out there who just cannot afford it so therefore get no dental treatment at all. Its such a shame in this day and age. I think things are going backwards in time. They want to downgrade the maternity ward at caithness general, no nhs dentists, dunbar downgraded!! What ever will be next? Oh please dont answer that i really dont want to know.

unicorn Guest

I'm hoping to get my dental treatment in Turkey in a few weeks. £360 for hubby and me a year just to be on the dentists books here a year is ridiculous!

Is it much cheaper to get it done in turkey?

unicorn Guest

I have a friend there who had 2 teeth removed and felt nothing dentist was clean and hygenic and it cost £16

Thats good! Wish it was like that here. No such luck eh. Hope everything goes well.

£12 for the dentist to tell me there going to take it out what has the world come too thank god for the minimum wage lol

unicorn Guest

Well I am certainly planning it so I will let you know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    £12 for the dentist to tell me there going to take it out what has the world come too thank god for the minimum wage lol
    Whats the minimum wage got to do with it icebox?
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

what's next? could we be paying to be kept on the doctors list.the way the national service is going? anything's possible

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    I'm hoping to get my dental treatment in Turkey in a few weeks. £360 for hubby and me a year just to be on the dentists books here a year is ridiculous!
    Wish I known it was so cheap in Turkey would have gone to the dentist when I was out there. Good excuse for another holiday finally got kids seen to locally on the NHS only waited a year and a half
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

thats a long wait.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

At least they're getting seen now lot o people still waiting. keep phoning nhs helpline was the only way they got seen or if you say ur worried about their teeth!!
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

unicorn Guest

I know I need new fillings cos some of mine are 20 years old! So it seems as good a time as any to get it done.

Its a cunning plan to reduce obesity, no teeth no food..simple!
    Patience is the ability to put up with someone you'd like to put down.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    Well I am certainly planning it so I will let you know how it goes
    yea ok then.