Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Lunch

Default Lunch

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/n...ree_lunch.html

Did any of you catch this story last week ?

I was amazed at some of the comments, I am also amazed at the amount being spent.

Refreshments such as tea, coffee and biscuits, plus cold buffets and hot lunches for members cost the local authority £88,591.96 in 2008/9

Councillor Donnie Kerr, would happily return home to Merkinch for his lunch.
    "I sometimes think the sit-down lunch is to encourage members not to wander off and just not come back for the rest of the meeting as much as anything else," he added.
    This would have made me laugh if I wasn't so disgusted at the amount of money we are talking about.
    If I was to wander off and not return to a meeting I would be sacked.

What do you think
    Is this an acceptable amount to provide food and drinks to people who are already being paid a pretty good wage ?

What would you do if they put you in charge of the councillors lunch ?

Does your employer provide tea/coffee/lunch ?

Answers on a postcard please

Quote Originally Posted by starry View Post

Does your employer provide tea/coffee/lunch ?
    Better yet, clients who use our in-house canteen get discount prices whereas the workers pay full whack!! Pip Pip!

I'm sure most people are no longer surprised - politicians and civil servants at all levels are going to thrust their snouts in the trough and think nothing of it. The thought of taking a 'piece' to their work or putting their hand in their pocket like many other people is beneath them.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou