Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hobbies

Default hobbies

i need a good hobbie can anyone recomend some

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    I rather like collecting.

Default hobbies

Why not join a class where spelling is taught.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart4364 View Post
    you could open a can of worms with that comment, wrong spelling could be for may reasons, dont take the mick

Default Hobbies

I am not taking the mick, only stating a fact. Looking at many of the topics posted on the org. it is obvious that spelling, punctuation and grammar are no longer taught in our schools. In bygone days education in Scotland and Caithness in particular was the envy of many a country throughout the world but our education is now lagging well behind other countries. This could be contributed to our education system forever being tampered with by Governments and so called "experts". Hopefully common sense will prevail and we can once again achieve an education system to be proud of.

I am not taking the mick, only stating a fact. Looking at many of the topics posted on the org. it is obvious that spelling, punctuation and grammar are no longer taught in our schools. In bygone days education in Scotland and Caithness in particular was the envy of many a country throughout the world but our education is now lagging well behind other countries. This could be contributed to our education system forever being tampered with by Governments and so called "experts". Hopefully common sense will prevail and we can once again achieve an education system to be proud of.
    It appears your discounting they possibility of dyslexia.

To answer the original post, my hobby is writing music and poetry
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

I think you need a hobbie to take the attraction away from other peoples punctuation and spelling. Heard of paragraphs?

Anyway i like cooking, drawing and then eating the food i cooked whilst admirning my drawings. Haha.

If you are into more "extreme" sports then why not try white water rafting. I used to enjoy rock climbing and absailing back in my younger days.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Social skills class maybe Stewart? That does come across a little harsh.

As for hobbies learn the saxophone -you know you want to!

Default Hobbies

I agree that some people may have dyslexia but not everyone on the org. posting their comments (which can sometimes have numerous spelling errors) suffer from that condition. Some people use text-speak. What is taught in schools nowadays? The three R's appear to have fallen by the wayside -- some children are not even able to read and write when they go to high school -- in this day and age there must surely be a failing somewhere.
    One thing I am not short of is hobbies -- the problem is finding time to do justice to them all.

I agree that some people may have dyslexia but not everyone on the org. posting their comments (which can sometimes have numerous spelling errors) suffer from that condition. Some people use text-speak. What is taught in schools nowadays? The three R's appear to have fallen by the wayside -- some children are not even able to read and write when they go to high school -- in this day and age there must surely be a failing somewhere.
    One thing I am not short of is hobbies -- the problem is finding time to do justice to them all.
    Why cum on ere, abuse some1, n hiejack a thread for ur own persanal rant... cOmpletley of topc? thaut u had a problum findn tyme??? Oveasly not

Gaw that was ard trin nt to spell wright...

To answer origional poster. Why not try a bit of fishing? Might be the wrong season, a bit cold, but there are plenty of hot spots up here, if you get my drift...

bird watching, cross stitch, knitting, photography the list could go on forever lol its best to find something you enjoy doing and explore the possibilities from there.
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Reading, exercising, listening or playing new music you've never heard or played before, cook a new dish in the kitchen. Or type random things on wiki, you never know what you may find...
    Greed & Competition aren't the result of immutable human temperament, greed & fear of scarcity have being created & amplified. Consequently, we've got to fight with each other in order to survive!

As someone has said before, there is a long list of hobbies to do, the questions you need to ask yourself are; Do i want and indoor or outdoor hobby? Do I want something more craft like or would i prefer to paint? Would I be happy collecting or would i prefer to cook? answer yourself these questions(and probably more to boot) and by process of elimination you will have your answer. For instance, if you want to do something outside, do you want to get wet? if not then you know windsurfing, surfing, kayaking, sailing, white water rafting, scuba-diving, snorkling and climbing up waterfalls will be out. shimples

Default Hobbies

Am I not entitled to air my views on the Org. without being shot down in flames? I was only stating a fact. There are many contentious subjects posted on the Org. -- something which I am not totally against as it gives people the opportunity to discuss the topic.

In my humble opinion there are many good topics posted on the Org. open to reasoned discussion but on the other hand there are some posts which are an insult to a person's intelligence. Thankfully these are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    I forgot to say....wax painting if you consider and arty type of hobby, is highly recomended

You need and old travel iron, wax crayons, a clear or white candle and some photo paper
    you can create some great art and have lots of fun doing it!

this photo is of my 3rd attempt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20975324@N04/4014451788/

Not bad i think for some crayons and Iron

Quote Originally Posted by locini View Post
    To answer origional poster. Why not try a bit of fishing? Might be the wrong season, a bit cold, but there are plenty of hot spots up here, if you get my drift...
    Yup nuffin wrong wiv fishing, though the wether at the mo is not good .

Default Tut,tut.

Do you know you have no doubt put that girl down,shame on you.

hi i keep tortoises its a great hobbie.keeps me busy for hours.best hobbie i have had.

[quote=stewart4364;620017]Am I not entitled to air my views on the Org. without being shot down in flames?

You are more than entitled to air your views stewart4364, I just don't understand why you should choose a thread where someone is making a general enquiry about hobbies to discuss same ?

I'll give you a wee bit of advice, if you click on the "General" forum and then begin a new thread of your own, with regards to spelling, punctuation and other grammatical theories you may wish to discuss, then I'm quite sure that Orgers would be more willing to listen to you !!!

Otherwise please just leave well alone !!!!!!!! (IMO)
    Last edited by cherokee; 16-Dec-09 at 15:15. Reason: spelling mistake !!!!!!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

That was very well said Cherokee !
    I hope that Sharona has got some good ideas for a new hobby from other posts on this thread...
    Please let us know if any of these suggestions come to fruition for you, Sharona ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast