Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Trojan Horse Cryptor Help

Default Trojan Horse Cryptor Help

Kids appear to have got Cryptor and SHeur15 on the pc. (Writing this from another computer) PC kept coming up with infected file warnings and clicking on AVG or Control Panel came up with more infected file warnings and some virus scanner that I have not seen highlighting numerous infections, which need money to download the programme and remove.(Antivirus System Pro)
    Rebooted and put it in safe mode (F8) and with a few more button pressed AVG started scanning, thats why I know about the two trojans.

What should I do now?

Also, my daughter has almost continuous online contact with fellow Thurso High school pupils so these trojans may be doing the rounds.
    Last edited by Stargazer; 23-Oct-09 at 21:47.

Try housecall by trend micro (comes up in google at top). It's online and brilliant. Will repair it for you and is quite easy to use. It takes a while though...

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Try housecall by trend micro (comes up in google at top). It's online and brilliant. Will repair it for you and is quite easy to use. It takes a while though...
    Thanks Leanne, I'll have a look at that, hopefully I'll get that pc online.

goto to the windows update site and install windows defender

this will take care of any remaining nasties & any future attempts to infect the pc too.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

after you click on the download box

just choose run

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Gave up and had to reinstall windows. Virus would not let me do anything and could not find it in various directories - well hidden.

Got Defender now, did no know Microsoft offers such programmes.

well for ref for next time!
    download combofix
    then turn off system restore
    and reboot in safemode
    and run combofix

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Or alternatively get a Mac - viruses will then be a thing of the past. The whole virus thing is a ploy by Microsoft to sell anti-virus software - BIG BUSINESS! Mac's don't get viruses (in general - I know of only one!) and the antivirus protection (if viruses did come about) is FREE! The computers a bit more expensive but they are just sooooo much easier to use!

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Or alternatively get a Mac - viruses will then be a thing of the past. The whole virus thing is a ploy by Microsoft to sell anti-virus software - BIG BUSINESS! Mac's don't get viruses (in general - I know of only one!) and the antivirus protection (if viruses did come about) is FREE! The computers a bit more expensive but they are just sooooo much easier to use!
    This is going off the topic a bit but a quick google search shows many more than 1 mac viruses. Did you get the "Microsoft virus ploy.." from the swine flu vaccine thread? It is kind of crazy how easily led people who like macs are. And how clever they think they are for using them. There was an advert by Apple not so long ago saying pretty much what you just said.
    Also in probably 12 years of online computing I have never once had I virus. I currently have 4 active pcs that I use (some linux, some windows) and no probs.

As with most things in life common sense and knowing that "if it looks to good to be true then it probably is" are all you need.