Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tesco at the mart in thuso

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    tesco should not be alould to do thsi
    why should they not be aloud, they paid good money for the mart, if they want to level it and turn it a grassy park then it would be up to them,

do you forget there is a ression at the minute ???

Whatever Tescos have bought it for wether it be to stop asda or to expand their store it will be better than the current state of affairs that is the mart...

Horrible to look at!

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    Whatever Tescos have bought it for wether it be to stop asda or to expand their store it will be better than the current state of affairs that is the mart...

Horrible to look at!
    no i dont need to look at it i live in a quaint fishing village called pultney

Quote Originally Posted by M R View Post
    If they build a large tesco's at the mart, will they be leaving the original location ? opening up for another take over of that store ?
    thats the thing they are not going to build

Horrible to look at!
    there not going to be any thing there

thats the thing they are not going to build
    You know this for definate ?

Maybe planning to take there deliverys up via rail ?
    STAY IN TUNE

I am twenty. I'm not a kid. Haha.

Me and my mate used the mart area for riding the bmx's about the place and it was allright...

To look at it though it is absolutely minging.

I also think the closing of liquid is terrible! I wonder what they'll build next?
    Didn't mean to critizie people like your self, but there are several buildings, one of which I belive has already been set on fire since the Mart closed. I've also gone down the street during school lunch hour to see kids throwing stones at the main buildings windows.

Whats wrong with tesco?
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    its not asda?
    At the end of the day they are both just supermarkets.

There is supposed to be an asda being build in inverness.

I'm not someone who prefers one over the other. Whichever is closest and cheapest is the one i go to.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    At the end of the day they are both just supermarkets.

There is supposed to be an asda being build in inverness.

I'm not someone who prefers one over the other. Whichever is closest and cheapest is the one i go to.
    and tain......

tesco should not be alould to do thsi
    However loud they are, just been told it will be open in November, lol

Next year, sorry, and that is from an employee however reliable that is

Wink

Just heard that Tesco have been bought over by the Ford Motor Co and all the stores will be used to store cars that can not be sold due to the recession.
    That came from Ford's European Vice President in charge of storing cars and he should know.
    Apparently as Ford are not really into the grocery trade thay are selling the Mart site to the Highland Council who going to open an allweather ski slope.

Quote Originally Posted by tartanyorkie View Post
    However loud they are, just been told it will be open in November, lol
    theres no way it will be open by then cause november is this sunday

theres no way it will be open by then cause november is this sunday
    Read tartanyorkie's second post again. she/he said it would be next year not this year.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by tartanyorkie View Post
    Next year, sorry, and that is from an employee however reliable that is
    oh ok sorry

Default Reliable

I have to say Mr Cannop that some of the information that we receive on the org via your good self is getting a bit less than reliable.

I have spent the last three nights stood out in the pouring rain waiting to see the Northern lights and still a no show.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Have you got a Asda Walmart up there? Well I have two near me and they knock spots off Tescos all the time, I also have a Morrisons, which compares to Asda, and a Sainsburys which still beats Tesco.
    Golach you know perfectly well there are no Asda/Walmart up North I have a huge one built on 2 floors close to me its foosum and awful and tacky , A Sainsburys close by which for certain things okay
    Morrisons again ok but Tesco is fine within striking distance get what I want and home
    Which I am quite sure the good people of the county without a great deal of choice want
    when you do not have much choice you shop where suits and benefits you even it means a run from Thurso to Wick store at the weekends a trip out even
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I have to say Mr Cannop that some of the information that we receive on the org via your good self is getting a bit less than reliable.

I have spent the last three nights stood out in the pouring rain waiting to see the Northern lights and still a no show.
    ok am sorry

What about a supermarket that caters for people like me who have no wish to mingle with the plebs?

Somwhere where I can purchase my weekly victuals and comestables without having to put up with some lycra-wrapped lardarse who is constantly bellowing at her uncontrolled, wailing, filthy offspring blocking the aisles?
    Somewhere where wittering village idiots spouting banal drivel do not stand three abreast in the aisles oblivious to their social superiors like me who wish to pass?

A Waitrose would be good, they have rottwielers and guards with batons on the doors, y'know.

ooops...Peace and Love.....Peace and Love....

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    What about a supermarket that caters for people like me who have no wish to mingle with the plebs?
    There is though.....online shopping and tell them to leave it at the door. Then once they were gone you open your door and take in your shooping. No mingling needed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast