Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Facebook

Default Facebook

Is it just me...........or is anyone else getting immensely irritated at being thrown onto Facebook when they come on to the org via the home page?

It doesn't do that to me... I wish it did as FB is how I keep in touch with all my family with photos and videos

If it doesn't do it to you..pretty please tell me how to stop it happening to me on firefox.

I'm on facebook, but I don't want to go there every time I'm trying to access the org.

It dosen't happen with me and I'm on Firefox too. Try bookmarking the general forum page, that way you can bypass the home page.

Try complaining to Firefox or altering your priority settings. I have Firefox as a secondary browser and have no problem.

i hev a facebook account an a whole lot o' people that i da really ken wants til be ma friend....

i da really ken fit its all aboot

i get curries sent til me (via cyberspace) that i da even get til eit, an' get roses an ither flooers too...but i still da really 'e get 'e whole thing!!

whats it all aboot?

i wis niver a bebo'er, cos ye hev til tell people all aboot yersel...an put pictures on aboot what yer getin up til an who yer friends are...an stuff.

na, i choost da really get'ed....am an orger...an stan' PROUD
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Oddquine, I am on Facebook and have Firefox but this des not happen to me either. I wish I could tell you how to stop it happening but I am not very good with computers. I can only surf and use Word! lol

Me neither and I've got the Facebook addon for Firefox.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

There must be something quirky in your system, Oddquine. Like some others, I use both but have not had that problem.

Made my link to the org on the forum rather than the home page..so no more problems.

Think it must be something to do with my settings then, because it isn't just on the org home page but a couple of other sites I use for research and which have a facebook presence.

Looks as if I'm going to have to dig into the :about if I can't find the solution anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Is it just me...........or is anyone else getting immensely irritated at being thrown onto Facebook when they come on to the org via the home page?
    People are not thrown onto Facebook. They have to volunteer for it. I volunteered and have been on Facebook for quite a spell. My whole family is on Facebook. My wife, all of my children, many relatives and many friends and acquaintenances. There is a procedure for removing one's self from Facebook, but too lengthy for me to publish here.

having be on facebook for a short time ,was surprised to find lots of
    very nice orgers on facebook,find it nice to chat to with a face i know instead of
    a user name i dont know,

Quote Originally Posted by oldmarine View Post
    People are not thrown onto Facebook. They have to volunteer for it. I volunteered and have been on Facebook for quite a spell. My whole family is on Facebook. My wife, all of my children, many relatives and many friends and acquaintenances. There is a procedure for removing one's self from Facebook, but too lengthy for me to publish here.
    Sorry.......didn't mean thrown on as in forced to join. I am on Facebook already.

I meant that when I went onto the homepage and clicked on the messageboard, I was redirected to facebook. Luckily, it opens a new tab rather than opens in the same tab....... but I had to close it and click again on the messageboard to get to it.

Nothing drastic...just nuisance value.