Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Mess....disgusting.!!!!

Default Dog Mess....disgusting.!!!!

I was disgusted this afternoon when my OH, myself and my dog went down by Wick river today to eat our chips and give the dog a run.
    Right there beside us was a big huge dog poop.!!!! Fantastic!!!! Yet another dog owner NOT lifting their dog mess.
    I am disgusted by this and I'm a dog owner, how do the non owners feel. It must be 10 times worse for them.
    There is no excuse for this.
    When are these people going to clean up after their dogs.???

Absolutely agree, I clean up after my own dogs yet I end up washing other peoples dogs mess off buggy wheels and carpets. Would they let their dogs mess on their carpets? No I think not so I don't want to clean it off of mine.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

there's no excuse for it, dog owners can pick up free poo bags from the service points in the council offices if they can't afford to buy a pack!

Hunted the beach tonight for one that Brodie did, found it eventually but not an easy task in the dark

I am thinking of buying a good torch I can't find the black dogs and the mess can take ages to find I sympathise

I'm in favour of the dog owner having their nose rubbed in it, or it pushed through their letterbox, since they forgot to bring it back with them

I think that would work quite well

As Unicorn has seconded that and I am thirding it, that means its passed and is now law
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Yay us, when do we start

We here all this talk about dogs poo but what about all the iresponsible cat owner that lets there cats out to wonder all over the place into people gardens without permision and poop were they want should cats be put on leads and owners made to clean up there poo to

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by John Baikie View Post
    I'm in favour of the dog owner having their nose rubbed in it, or it pushed through their letterbox, since they forgot to bring it back with them

LOL if only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a lot of the mess is just missed by the owners rather than any real intention to leave it, especially if it is dark at night or if they have two dogs and their back is turned picking some up already. <Ducks down to avoid being pelted by the anti-poo brown shirts>
    Last edited by Rheghead; 29-Oct-09 at 00:02.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Shouldnt this thread be a "sticky"?

Quote Originally Posted by ClachanHope View Post
    I was disgusted this afternoon when my OH, myself and my dog went down by Wick river today to eat our chips and give the dog a run.
    Right there beside us was a big huge dog poop.!!!! Fantastic!!!! Yet another dog owner NOT lifting their dog mess.
    I am disgusted by this and I'm a dog owner, how do the non owners feel. It must be 10 times worse for them.
    There is no excuse for this.
    When are these people going to clean up after their dogs.???
    Déjà vu anybody?
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Nah otherwise I'll have to enable the anti plop-up security feature on Kaspersky, it's a recurring problem as it is.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Nope....it should be a "Stinky".

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I think a lot of the mess is just missed by the owners rather than any real intention to leave it, especially if it is dark at night or if they have two dogs and their back is turned picking some up already. <Ducks down to avoid being pelted by the anti-poo brown shirts>

There is no excuse for "missing" your dogs poop. If al these responsible owners can watch to see where and when their dog poops then so can everyone else. I had two dogs until recently and always knew where both of them pooped. A good dog owner knows their dogs habits and traits, and if they can't be bothered learningthem, they shouldn't have a dog.
    As for cats, I totally agree as well, cos there's nothing worse than looking after your garden and coming across a buried cat poop.....eeuuuwwww!!!! Gross

Quote Originally Posted by John Baikie View Post
    Good one JOhn, never thought of that, and I "fourth it"... lol
    That'd teach them.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    As Unicorn has seconded that and I am thirding it, that means its passed and is now law

should that not read you ar turding it, that means its passed through and now law ????

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I found I was having trouble finding the mess in the dark so I now take a torch with me, saves a lot of time searching.

I was in Wick yesterday and there was a massive offending object at DE's corner. There were several more patches along Bridge Street heading towards the Cliff.

People just don't care. There are plenty of dog-owners that clear up and maybe a few that 'miss' the dog doing the business, but I firmly believe that for each of these two categories, there is at least one in the 'don't care' brigade.

I watched a man let his dog foul on the Cliff once and when I asked him what he was going to do about it, he replied that it wasn't his problem. I don't know who he was or I would have reported him. However, he was so rough I maybe wouldn't have for fear of retaliation. He was as menacing looking as his pit bull.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast