Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mouse traps

Default mouse traps

What do you use in yours?

We are having great success with using snickers in ours!

They cannot resist

Its that time of year again the mices are coming in or are getting brought in by the cat.

Rebaited and replaced tonight!

Jam is also good in the traps, I've found that cheese is useless as once it goes hard they are not interested in it.
    MOst sweet things attract them, or if you're a friend of miced and don't want to kill them you can buy a thing that plugs into a socket and gives off a sound that deters the mice.

But be careful with the plug ins is you have pet rodents or rabbits as they can also affest them.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

We use snickers too. They seem to love it as their last meal...

The only mice i have seen are the ones Fintan or Brenon takes back from their adventures. Well its either mice, voles or birds!

Ugh! Poor little things
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Chocolate raisins are good, you get a lot of them for a low price

But with a snickers bar approx 90% is left after baiting the traps which needs "help" to disappear!

I dont like chocolate raisins..

ha ha get a proper cat that kills the blooming mice! or set iona on them that'd be a great game for her.

Poor Iona, she loves her ratty.... dont want to worm and frontline the kids as well as the cat and dog....Iona would stuff the mouse in her mouth given half a chance

Angry

You are all a bunch of fusom cyards - trying to kill the poor meeces indeed !.

The poor wee things are only trying to find somewhere warm to bring up their families families families families.

Butter works well out here - the first meece bit the dust last night.

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    The poor wee things are only trying to find somewhere warm to bring up their families families families families
    Nae sleekit, cowerin', timorous beasties allowed indoors here. They ate all my Xmas chocolates one year! My family were the ones to suffer. Chocolate does the trick for them and me!
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

last winter we caught around 20 mice over a few weeks at the start of winter. We used humane traps using peanut butter which seemed irresistable. We checked them each day and released them into the field opposite the house. It did seem that one was oing round and round - hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    But be careful with the plug ins is you have pet rodents or rabbits as they can also affest them.

Never thought about that, good advice, Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fernie View Post
    last winter we caught around 20 mice over a few weeks at the start of winter. We used humane traps using peanut butter which seemed irresistable. We checked them each day and released them into the field opposite the house. It did seem that one was oing round and round - hard to tell.
    My in-laws use these and a few years ago they checked the trap every day for a week but there was nothing in it then they forgot about it. Three weeks later they could smell something. Poor wee mouse had starved to death in the humane trap!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fernie View Post
    Good for you for catching 20 mice the humane way Bill.
    We use humane traps as well and will try peanut butter.
    We take the mice we capture for a wee sail in the car and then release them. Like you, we did wonder whether we were capturing and releasing the same ones!

Quote Originally Posted by achingale View Post
    My in-laws use these and a few years ago they checked the trap every day for a week but there was nothing in it then they forgot about it. Three weeks later they could smell something. Poor wee mouse had starved to death in the humane trap!
    Aw poor wee thing. Yes you do have to make sure you check them regularly and close them up when you can't.

We haven't had any mice in the house since getting a plug in device which works on the wiring of the house as well.
    Some are better than others though as had another one and I came into the kitchen one morning to find a wee moose eyeballing me from the top of the door curtain!
    I went to get steps to catch it and it literally flew onto the worktop and ran to hide!
    Got a new plug in and it disappeared thankfully.

I must say I love little meeces and would not have the heart to kill them.....look at the wonderful childrens tales that have been written about the humble mouse. Beatrix Potter, it is said, would scatter crumbs in front of the fire and then sit quietly as the little furries came to nibble and that is where her lovely drawings and stories came from.

Any traps I found in the house, placed there by oh, would be broken and binned.

Never had a problem with them nibbling or causing a problem.

Default mouse traps

They seem to love mars bars

Default mouse traps

Oh dear Bill prob caught one mousey 20 times with his humane trap, mice soon learn to come in get fed and have a warm night and then be carefully popped back out by the kindly man just to pop back in again at night and repeat the process! that will have been one well fed mousey.

They say you should release live mice about 2 miles away.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    They say you should release live mice about 2 miles away.
    I would not go two miles when the neighbour's letter box is 25 Feet away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast