Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Despicable

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post

but then i ask, if yer bad til a bairn...or an animal say, then surly ye must hev a mental illness??

how do ye ken 'e difference between bad bad....and ill?
    The difference is the perpetrator isn't mentally ill. Sickness is a condition. Evil is a behaviour. Sickness is the absence of choice. Wicked people always know what they are doing. Evil conduct is never excusable!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    The difference is the perpetrator isn't mentally ill. Sickness is a condition. Evil is a behaviour. Sickness is the absence of choice. Wicked people always know what they are doing. Evil conduct is never excusable!
    How do you know she isnt mentally ill? The papers say that the judge has ordered psychiatric reports to be compiled. Do I need to ask again what medical or psychiatric qualifications you have - this time to make the decision that this woman is not mentally ill? Oooooooh Stavro maybe you are the psychiatrist and therefore have a unique viewpoint but then again maybe you are NOT.

If this woman is ill then its a shame for both her and her boy that this was not picked up on ages ago but munchausens is very difficult to diagnose I believe. Lets hope the psychiatrist gets to the bottom of this. Either way she will rightly be punished. Lets hope if she is ill she gets help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    How do you know she isnt mentally ill? The papers say that the judge has ordered psychiatric reports to be compiled. Do I need to ask again what medical or psychiatric qualifications you have - this time to make the decision that this woman is not mentally ill?

Are you qualified to judge someone else's medical or psychiatric qualifications, squidgey?

Are you qualified to judge someone else's medical or psychiatric qualifications, squidgey?

definitely

definitely
    This reply allows me to diagnose you as suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Cool

This reply allows me to diagnose you as suffering from delusions of grandeur.
    That reply allows me to diagnose you with delusions of adequacy!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

definitely
    We are all able to make probablistic assessments on folk as to whether they are completely bonkers or no, the only difference is that your assessment may have some legal or professional standing.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 28-Oct-09 at 16:25.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I would say it's definately a case of munchausens by proxy. I once read about a case in America where a foster mother convinced authorities that there was something wrong with all children in her care. One was autistic, two were ADHD. she recieved high benifits for their care amd for home schooling which they never had. Eventually it was discovered there was nothing at all wrong with them. How can the authorities and the medical profession be so easily dupped? Yet it happens.

Then loved, well cared for children are removed from their homes because they are OVERWEIGHT!
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    I would say it's definately a case of munchausens by proxy. I once read about a case in America where a foster mother convinced authorities that there was something wrong with all children in her care. One was autistic, two were ADHD. she recieved high benifits for their care amd for home schooling which they never had. Eventually it was discovered there was nothing at all wrong with them. How can the authorities and the medical profession be so easily dupped? Yet it happens.

Then loved, well cared for children are removed from their homes because they are OVERWEIGHT!
    I do not agree that it was Munchausens, but certainly the medical profession is easily and regularly duped.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    what aboot 'e couple that areny allowed til get merried!! 'e lassy hes a mild learning difficulty an hes met a guy that wants til merry her an hev bairnys wi her, (she's pregnant) yet social work says its illegal for her til get merried an' they are gona take 'e bairny awie fie her when its borne

cana understand 'at aine thot maybe 'e guy hes a serious conviction or somethin...but 'ats no 'e case.

wonder how social department came til their conclusion
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

How do you know she isnt mentally ill?
    Munchausen syndrome is named after Baron Munchausen who was a consummate liar on a monumental scale. Some so-called Munchausen patients know that their condition is false, which would prove that they were not mentally ill, but possibly evil liars.
    Last edited by Stavro; 28-Oct-09 at 21:26.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12