Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARGH can't sleep

If i wake up at some ungodly hour I tell myself "if you are still awake in ten minutes you can get up and do the ironing"..........been doing it for years, and it works.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    If i wake up at some ungodly hour I tell myself "if you are still awake in ten minutes you can get up and do the ironing"..........been doing it for years, and it works.
    Odd, because I wake up in the middle of the night and say to myself "I wish Poppett would come round here and do my ironing"...never works though.

Kath - try this ancient Wick remedy:

I have trouble sleeping when Im on dayshift, usually only about three or four hours a night but when In working nightshift I go to bed about half past eight and sleep right through until about 5 o clock. Maybe I should relocate to Portgower.

Dont drink tea or coffee for a couple of hours before bedtime, leave the window open a little bit, have a warm bath, spray lavender on your pillows, read a book, and i have a very good relaxing cd which I can give you, if you let me know where to send it.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Still got this cold,can`t breath,can`t sleep. Got fed up trying to sleep and not wake Hev.Came downstairs at 12.15 to try and sleep on the recliners,no luck there.Max strength cold capsules have dried the cold up but I still can`t breath and there is nowhere to get some menthol sweets coz Tesco don`t even open till 6am.Only 1 hr 36 mins to go.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by miknhev View Post
    Still got this cold,can`t breath,can`t sleep. Got fed up trying to sleep and not wake Hev.Came downstairs at 12.15 to try and sleep on the recliners,no luck there.Max strength cold capsules have dried the cold up but I still can`t breath and there is nowhere to get some menthol sweets coz Tesco don`t even open till 6am.Only 1 hr 36 mins to go.
    Have you tried a bit of vapour rub under your nose? This really helps me.

You also get plug ins which release menthol vapours which might help.

Quote Originally Posted by miknhev View Post
    Thats kharma for not sending me my check!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Thats kharma for not sending me my check!
    It`s in the post,honest miss
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12