Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARGH can't sleep

Default ARGH can't sleep

Ok what on earth can I do now, I have trawled the org, read every post I have ever missed, replied to as many as appropriate and now am bored stiff, this is day 5 of sleep deprivation...think I am losing the plot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    Ok what on earth can I do now, I have trawled the org, read every post I have ever missed, replied to as many as appropriate and now am bored stiff, this is day 5 of sleep deprivation...think I am losing the plot!

Lol! How about writing out all your christmas cards now!Know how you feel though cause i suffered from it for a whiley but can manage about 5-6hrs sleep now,but never fall asleep till about 3am.It's damn annoying.Last Friday i did a ghoster and still didnt sleep much the following night.

caithness where else would you want to be??

you could come to work for me and i could go home !!!

seriously though sorry ya cant sleep there is nothing worse

I see Kathy's signed off so I hope she's back in the land of nod. Nothing worse than waking up and not being able to get back to sleep. Well, it's almost your bedtime, Butterfly, so sleep tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    I see Kathy's signed off so I hope she's back in the land of nod. Nothing worse than waking up and not being able to get back to sleep. Well, it's almost your bedtime, Butterfly, so sleep tight.

You too Margaret,night night org. I notice the org has not put their clock back either..........
    Last edited by butterfly; 27-Oct-09 at 04:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post

Are you staying in Portgower? Is the fear eating you up!

I got a hypnotic cd from amazon called 'deep sleep every night' It does help. The secret is to concentrate on one thing and stop letting your mind run all over the place. Not at all easy at first. Have you tried relaxation techniques?
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I went to bed at 11pm,woke up at 3am,couldn`t get back to sleep so got up at 3.50am. Watched a couple of things I recorded on Sky+ then dragged the dog out at 6.20. I`ll be knackered later,probably asleep by 3pm. I hate it when I can`t sleep.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Go for a drive, Kath.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Go for a drive, Kath.
    Good suggestion Mr N at least all the numptys will still be in bed

Quote Originally Posted by miknhev View Post
    I went to bed at 11pm,woke up at 3am,couldn`t get back to sleep so got up at 3.50am. Watched a couple of things I recorded on Sky+ then dragged the dog out at 6.20. I`ll be knackered later,probably asleep by 3pm. I hate it when I can`t sleep.
    As hard as it might be don't go to sleep at 3pm - hold off as long as you can to break the cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    As hard as it might be don't go to sleep at 3pm - hold off as long as you can to break the cycle
    I`ll try but if the weather is still crap then it`s daytime TV or internet,both cause zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"The secret is to concentrate on one thing and stop letting your mind run all over the place."

That's a good idea, you can concentrate on what you are going to organise for the PC Gymkhana on Sunday, that should be enough to put you to sleep, hahahahaha xx
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - CONFUCIUS

Default Argh

Tho not sleeping felt it not wise or carbon friendly to cruise around Caithness in my gas guzzler! Might be caught by the sleepy manny and conk out at the wheel...again!
    Thanks topotheuk have sat and planned 6 games and what all I need for making it all halloweeny (is that a word?) had a wee look at rosettes and stickered them for what class they are for...yes am sad!
    But now have good distraction as wee HT is up with the spews and scoots so that will keep me on my toes!

Default not sleeping

try going for a jog late at night that usually helps me i jog all the time when i cant sleep

tell me how you get with that

Default Sleepless Nights

If you have a tv in the bedroom, get rid of it - and avoid the internet in the late evening. Is the room the correct temperature? Do you enjoy reading? Even if your body is just resting and you're not sleeping, that's ok but like other folk I'd say don't get up and just try to relax in bed. Hope this is of help. I sometimes waken up thinking about things which when I get up in nthe morning I discover are not really big issues at all. Good Luck!

Unfortunatly I think you.ve got yourself into a routine now.

Try to do the ususal stuff like bath,milky drink no tv or computor low lighting,a little read then lights out .
    If your worried or stressed try writting things down an hour before bed and then forget it.

Get to bed the sametime each night and get up the same time,eventually you'll get your routine back.

Lavander oil sprinkled on pillow might help too.

Good luck and no more logging on after 12pm your being watched.
    Last edited by cuddlepop; 27-Oct-09 at 21:00.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    The secret is to concentrate on one thing and stop letting your mind run all over the place. Not at all easy at first. Have you tried relaxation techniques?
    i hev a guid aine for ye's, ye can slow yer mind doon by countin yer breaths.....
    ye hev til concentrate only on yer breath, in an oot...in an oot. feel yer breath, hear yer breath and imagine what it looks lek goin doon til yer loungs.

if ye get til about 3 or 4 an find yer thinkin aboot stuff...then start again an get back til number one....
    efter a few attempts ye will be sleepin an if yer guid, ye wil never get til 10
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

I try and make sure if I get off the computer about an hour before I plan to go to bed. It allows me to stop thinking about inane threads (lol) and also the bright light of the computer screen seems to stop me sleeping.

There's an Abba Song 'Eagle',good song.The video is about a bird soaring above the landscape.Think about this and relax.Ye will automatically start falling asleep.If ye don't.Then yer already a bird in the sky,so start skooting on folks heads,count the skoots.Better than counting sheep........oh better put now,in my opinion
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast