Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Thurso MP

Default John Thurso MP

Can anyone tell me what charity work or other work he has done over the last 8-9 years that he has been in office.

What has his record been on encouraging the masses of renewable energy projects and other industries that want to create jobs in the far north?

Has he emerged largely unscathed from the expenses scandal?

Do you think he is trustworthy?

Do you think his other financial interests hinder his performance as your MP?

Do you think he can do more to represent the North?

Do you vote Lib-Dem just because it is John that represents you?

There is an election coming up and do you think he is focussing upon the issues that affect you the most eg Crime and disorder etc
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Can anyone tell me what charity work or other work he has done over the last 8-9 years that he has been in office.

What has his record been on encouraging the masses of renewable energy projects and other industries that want to create jobs in the far north?

There is an election coming up and do you think he is focussing upon the issues that affect you the most eg Crime and disorder etc
    You thinking on challenging him then .........................Rheggers for Parliament

I don know of any but Im sure I have seen something in the papers to do with charity work and Lord Thurso.

I havent been paying attenton in this area either. Although I do know he has worked closely with some companies in the area.

Yes he has come out of this one quite clean I believe.

I do.

No!
    He does a good job but there is always room for improvement.

I would only vote for the party I felt was best for the job ......... of course Johns rugged good looks does help.

[/quote]

At this momment in time employment and riding the recession is the most important thing for me at present and I believe John is working a lot behind the scenes on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    I don know of any but Im sure I have seen something in the papers to do with charity work and Lord Thurso.

I havent been paying attenton in this area either. Although I do know he has worked closely with some companies in the area.

Yes he has come out of this one quite clean I believe.

I do.

No!

He does a good job but there is always room for improvement.

I would only vote for the party I felt was best for the job ......... of course Johns rugged good looks does help.
    At this momment in time employment and riding the recession is the most important thing for me at present and I believe John is working a lot behind the scenes on this one. [/QUOTE]

Hear hear, He does a good job, if he would only switch to UKIP he would get my vote too.

How much importance should we place upon trustworthiness in an MP, especially if its our own?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

he was a great help to me fighting the C.S.A when they said they had lost my paperwork - they soon found it and gave me compensation thanks to John Thurso
    jac

He does what he says he will, when he says he'll do it, as a constituency MP I think he's the genuine article.

A decent bloke who can communicate well. Beavers away in the background and doesn't make an issue of it. Understands the almost-forgotten concept of 'service'. Uses contacts and knowledge to bring people together for the common good. And most excellent facial hair.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

I don't know John Sinclair personally but I imagine him to be a trustworthy fellow.
    He's MP for this part of the world for as long as he wants it. Mind you I wouldnt vote for him.

I dont know much about him but he seems a very likeable trustworthy guy.

I have had contact with him over several issues, some for myself and others for organisations/clubs I belong to. He has always been helpful, all my queries have been looked into and in the majority of cases a favourable solution was found.

As for the expences scandal, I can't recall his name ever being mentioned.

Personally I have always found him to be trustworth, when he gave his word to look into something he has never let me down.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I think being trustworthy is the most important quality to be found in anybody, MPs included. If an MP is not trustworthy what is the point of voting for him/her.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I think he is like all MP's you have to be a good liar, how many MP's will give you a straight answer? He (and this is my opinion only) has never done anything that has or ever will be beneficial to Caithness. Every problem thay I have had where I felt that my MP could or would have been able to help me has never been resolved. I would trust him as far as I could throw him, but that goes for all MP's. roll on the next election................. long live the revolution..

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I think he is like all MP's you have to be a good liar, how many MP's will give you a straight answer? He (and this is my opinion only) has never done anything that has or ever will be beneficial to Caithness. Every problem thay I have had where I felt that my MP could or would have been able to help me has never been resolved. I would trust him as far as I could throw him, but that goes for all MP's. roll on the next election................. long live the revolution..
    It sounds like you've had a hard time of it. Care to give us some examples of what's happened and what you would have expected?

I have been in contact with John Thurso on a variety of issues over the years, and have always found him to be extremely helpful especially in forwarding information and dealing with others. Like Robert McLennan before him, I believe that he is an excellent constituency MP and is always there to represent you if you need it. I have always found John Thurso to be trustworthy and dependable. My politics are not Lib-Dem but I judge people on who they are rather than what they represent and for what its worth he will get my vote again next year.

GNG
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    It sounds like you've had a hard time of it. Care to give us some examples of what's happened and what you would have expected?
    No I am afraid that I have lost all faith in politics and politians, our country is going to hell in a hand cart and the politians are at the wheel...... may god have mercy on our souls.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    No I am afraid that I have lost all faith in politics and politians, our country is going to hell in a hand cart and the politians are at the wheel...... may god have mercy on our souls.
    Very useful answer. So you have nothing to say, and we can take it that you've had no dealings with Mr T. Looking forward to the revolution, during which I bet you'll be nowhere to be found. Goodbye.
    Last edited by Tubthumper; 27-Sep-09 at 21:59.

I looked up his expenses a few months ago, but i think the most incriminating thing I found was a mobile phone for a tenner...

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    I don't know John Sinclair personally but I imagine him to be a trustworthy fellow.
    He's MP for this part of the world for as long as he wants it. Mind you I wouldnt vote for him.
    May I ask why you would not vote for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Very useful answer. So you have nothing to say, and we can take it that you've had no dealings with Mr T. Looking forward to the revolution, during which I bet you'll be nowhere to be found. Goodbye.
    and good riddence to you too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast