Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Autumn MoonWatch Event details

Default Autumn MoonWatch Event details

As new items can't be added to the org's What's On Guide at the moment I thought I'd post the info here:

As part of Autumn MoonWatch week, Caithness Astronomy Group will be holding 3 free public events that will include a mix of observing sessions, illustrated talks, displays and interactive exhibits.

Weather permitting, the observing sessions will have telescopes available to allow attendees superbly detailed views of the mountains and craters on the Moon. Amongst the other sights visible will be the giant planet Jupiter and its 4 brightest moons.

All the events run from 1830-2130hrs with the illustrated talk commencing at approximately1915hrs. Further details of the 3 events are as follows:
    · Wed 28th October at Wick Scout Hall - Illustrated talk by CAG member (topic TBC)
    · Thurs 29th October at Borgie Forest - Illustrated talk by Dr Martin Hendry of Glasgow University Physics & Astronomy Department (titled "How Galileo got the Measure of the Universe").
    · Fri 30th October at Thurso High School - Illustrated talk by Dr Martin Hendry of Glasgow University Physics & Astronomy Department (titled "From Galileo to LIGO and GEO: Opening a New Window on the Universe with Gravitational Waves")

Wish I'd have seen this earlier....

Sounds great! Hopefully will make it to THS on Friday
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

If only I had some way of getting to Borgie Forest... Sounds very interesting.