Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Summer is here

Jemima Guest

Default Summer is here

The tourists have landed in Wick .... and left.

I thought they found a buyer for the caravan site

Mmmm maybe not then

Its obviously not open yet, but I did hear that they had a buyer. Pity, its a poor advert for Wick.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    I thought they found a buyer for the caravan site

Mmmm maybe not then
    I thought so too. I doubt if these high vehicles would be able to get under the rail bridge. In the past I've seen some of the bigger caravans negotiating the riverside track at the bottom of Station Road in order to reach the caravan site. Maybe .... hopefully .... this is what happened here.

Jemima Guest

As far as I know the site has been leased but not yet opened. And the council are not allowing access along the riverside anymore, so these motor homes would be unlikely to get in anyway.

So in due course we might get half a campsite!

Now i'm not going to start a riot this is an observation.We had a wee break up north because its the easter holidays and guess what know one told the lcouncil.The public toilets were closed in Durness the ones by the tourist office.Tongue wc were discusting.Thurso tourist office was waiting on new stock.The steps down to the beach in Durness were being repaired as we were there.Smoo caves bridge had been washed away,so had to use the stones over the river to get access.
    Apart from all this we had a fantastic time and will be back but it did leave you with the impression they weren't ready for the tourists.
    Incidently they never left Skye thats another reason we went away.
    I have mixed feelings about the tourist board promoting the area as it would spoil its unspoilt beauty.
    Whaligoe,when we eventuall found it is a hidden jewel,cafe was closed though.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

krieve Guest

what cafe is that cuddlepop?

Saw a few campervans today - or was the same 2 going round in circles looking for the caravan park There were a few hardy bikers on the go too !!
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop
    Now i'm not going to start a riot this is an observation.We had a wee break up north because its the easter holidays and guess what know one told the lcouncil.The public toilets were closed in Durness the ones by the tourist office.Tongue wc were discusting.Thurso tourist office was waiting on new stock.The steps down to the beach in Durness were being repaired as we were there.Smoo caves bridge had been washed away,so had to use the stones over the river to get access.
    Apart from all this we had a fantastic time and will be back but it did leave you with the impression they weren't ready for the tourists.
    Incidently they never left Skye thats another reason we went away.
    I have mixed feelings about the tourist board promoting the area as it would spoil its unspoilt beauty.
    Whaligoe,when we eventuall found it is a hidden jewel,cafe was closed though.
    yes good question krieve were about is the a cafe at whaligoe cuddlepops iam confused ???

Somebody asked if the cafe at Waligoe was open,i didnt no there was one ;the building at the top of the steps looks multipurpose so i thought that was it.
    The tourist board dont publice Waiigoe for obviouse reasons,so maybe the cafe isnt open .I dont no but someone definately asked the question in an earlier thread
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Default summer's here

don't you mean the rainy season lol