Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Refused Take-away

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    Is this on their takeaway menu riggerboy? I checked mine and could find nothing about a minimum order of £10.
    aye it was on the 1 we got put through the door befroe the place opened,

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    You must be thinking of the Balti House on Bridge Street as they sell pizza and Spice Tandoori does not.
    Is it not the same people that have both??

I saw the little man from the pizza place going into the place on Saturday morning unlocking the door as he went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Spice Tandoori at the shore, wick must be doing very well if they can turn away customers.

I have been there a few times for a take-away and once with a friend for a meal. I went for my usual curry takeaway and was told i would have to spend £10. I said i just wanted a curry and rice£8.95 and was told there was another takeaway up the road i could use. This was so embarrasing. There were only 4 people sitting in for a meal at the time. I thought the manager was quite rude.
    There are no notices to this effect and nothing in the takeaway menu states there is a minimum charge.
    So if you want to go there for a carry out remember it must come to £10, though there are no notices saying this!!
    I thought you were struck down and under house arrest with Swine Flu ?
    Maybe that was just there excuse to get you out of the place asap
    STAY IN TUNE

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    aye it was on the 1 we got put through the door before they place opened,

just got the wife to check and nope nothing on it she has informed it was the place in inverness that has the minimum price of £14.95

As I understand it, a menu displayed at a fast food outlet is considered to be an "invitation to treat", a customer asking for a menu item is making an "offer to contract" which the server may accept or reject.
    When the server makes up the order they are performing the contract and the customer is then bound to pay.

Hope this helps.
    He has a profound respect for old age. Especially when it's bottled.
    Gene Fowler

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    just got the wife to check and nope nothing on it she has informed it was the place in inverness that has the minimum price of £14.95
    Well at least I know I'm not as blind as a bat now.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    Well at least I know I'm not as blind as a bat now.
    my most sincere apologies to you,

bet you were thinking i should have went to spec savers lol

Quote Originally Posted by MR_A View Post
    Is it not the same people that have both??

I saw the little man from the pizza place going into the place on Saturday morning unlocking the door as he went in.
    No mate, Spice Tandoori is down by the Wick College & Curry King is on Bridge street next to John Gunns shop. The othe indian places are Balti House which is next door to Scotscoup Bookies & K2 which is closed , used to be across from The Pit stop on Bridge Street. Confusing isnt it
    Cmey e Scorries

i hed a sit in meal in 'e one at 'e shore on friday nicht, tandoori spice is'ed. an i hev til say that it wis til die for...really tasty.
    wis drinkin 'e same drink as hannibal lecter...canti...somethin..?

i widna usualy go til 'e balti hoose for a curry but i did on sunday nicht as it's bin taken over by new management. it wis alrite an'all but no as guid as 'e ither plice.
    sayin 'at, am no much o' a curry-han.
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Default Frans Alternative Curry Night Out

Well, for what it's worth, this is what I think.

They spotted Fran entering the premises and they are aware of her infamous ability to find things. They were concerned about a possible future thread appearing on the org, by Fran, that she bought a curry from the Spice Tandoori and found a set of keys in it.

In the heat of the moment the manager made up a porky pie excuse to why he could not serve her, but it now seems to have back fired on him.
    Those in the know will understand and I am sure my good friend Fran will have a giggle as well.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post

They spotted Fran entering the premises and they are aware of her infamous ability to find things. They were concerned about a possible future thread appearing on the org, by Fran, that she bought a curry from the Spice Tandoori and found a set of keys in it.

In the heat of the moment the manager made up a porky pie excuse to why he could not serve her, but it now seems to have back fired on him.
    Those in the know will understand and I am sure my good friend Fran will have a giggle as well.
    LOL, That's the most likely explanation. They SAW her coming

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post

quality bliddy quality

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    i hed a sit in meal in 'e one at 'e shore on friday nicht, tandoori spice is'ed. an i hev til say that it wis til die for...really tasty.
    wis drinkin 'e same drink as hannibal lecter...canti...somethin..?

i widna usualy go til 'e balti hoose for a curry but i did on sunday nicht as it's bin taken over by new management. it wis alrite an'all but no as guid as 'e ither plice.
    sayin 'at, am no much o' a curry-han.
    Good to see you posting again Trix.

I had a takeaway from Tandoori Spice on Saturday and have to say it was superb.

Congratulations on passing the driving test by the way.

We phoned for a meal for 2 a couple of weeks ago, it included 1 boiled rice and 1 pilau rice, i asked to change the order to 2 pilau rice and offered to pay any difference, i was told no at first but eventually he agreed, i was then told this was a one off and they wouldnt do it again! I suppose its called a set meal for a reason but he wasnt very nice on the phone, think i will try somewhere else next time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123