Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Refused Take-away

Default Refused Take-away

Spice Tandoori at the shore, wick must be doing very well if they can turn away customers.

I have been there a few times for a take-away and once with a friend for a meal. I went for my usual curry takeaway and was told i would have to spend £10. I said i just wanted a curry and rice£8.95 and was told there was another takeaway up the road i could use. This was so embarrasing. There were only 4 people sitting in for a meal at the time. I thought the manager was quite rude.
    There are no notices to this effect and nothing in the takeaway menu states there is a minimum charge.
    So if you want to go there for a carry out remember it must come to £10, though there are no notices saying this!!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Spice Tandoori at the shore, wick must be doing very well if they can turn away customers.

I have been there a few times for a take-away and once with a friend for a meal. I went for my usual curry takeaway and was told i would have to spend £10. I said i just wanted a curry and rice£8.95 and was told there was another takeaway up the road i could use. This was so embarrasing. There were only 4 people sitting in for a meal at the time. I thought the manager was quite rude.
    There are no notices to this effect and nothing in the takeaway menu states there is a minimum charge.
    So if you want to go there for a carry out remember it must come to £10, though there are no notices saying this!!

Jeepers! Fran,you should spend your hard earned money somewhere else.

Thats one way to lose business I suppose. In this financial climate you would think they would be glad of any business.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Noted, I for one will not use them again (they were'nt that good anyway.) Hope they're reading this thread and hope others will support on here. Cynical money grabbing attitude during a credit crunch will hopefully lead to a drop in their profits and who knows, a change of policy.

I have heard of a Minimum charge for a meal if you are sitting in, but for a Take-away, never.

The Take-Away in Ormlie, Shelina Spice, has no Minimum charge. Last time I went in there all I bought was a Tray of Chips for £1.00 and they were happy to serve me.

The next time you want a Take-Away go back in and say to them in a Loud Voice :-

"I was going to give you an order but since you have a £10.00 minimum charge I will be going elsewhere now like all my friends"

And then just walk out with a smile on your face.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Spicy tandoori is pretty good. They do a very hot hot and spicy pizza. Mmm it's very good (Well i think its the place i'm thinking of anyway!)

Shame they're turning people away by this £10 thing. Wonder what there reason for this £10 thing is.Truly is a bad move to make if they want many customers.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

They obviously are doing so well that they do not want your custom or quite a few others i would expect.
    It is ridiculous that they have a £10 minimum spend policy.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by shazzap View Post
    They obviously are doing so well that they do not want your custom or quite a few others i would expect.
    It is ridiculous that they have a £10 minimum spend policy.
    It will certainly put my partner off going there now when we are up visiting family in caithness every so often. It's the only place where he can get a hot and spicy pizza as hot as the way they make it. It blows your head off much like his own curries do
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

cheezo not everyone has £10 to spend! that's a downright disgrace. i would have been absolutely raging. was the £10 minimum because you were paying by card?

I have had a curry from there once and to be honest i can cook better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    It's the only place where he can get a hot and spicy pizza as hot as the way they make it. It blows your head off much like his own curries do
    You must be thinking of the Balti House on Bridge Street as they sell pizza and Spice Tandoori does not.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Ask a silly question do u have to spend min of £10 if using a debit card or does that apply if your paying for cash just wondered if the banks charge them for each transaction using a debit card

Angry

We have been turned away too!!

When they first opened we thought we'd give them a try since we're not in Wick that often. Because we weren't really all that hungry, we thought we'd just try their Pakora, a portion each of chicken & vegetable. We were told that we could only purchase the Pakora if we also bought a main meal? They said they didn't sell the likes of Pakora or chips etc. on their own. We were paying cash, therefore the possible £10 minimum credit card spend didn't apply here!!

We did try a full meal from them at a later date & were not impressed, as most of it went in the bin.

WE are not going back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    You must be thinking of the Balti House on Bridge Street as they sell pizza and Spice Tandoori does not.
    Ah that could be the one. Wasn't sure of the name of the one i was thinking of. Thank you for clearing that up Julia

I have had a curry from there once and to be honest i can cook better myself.

I reckon I can too. I love experimenting with curry.

Have to say that £10 rule is stupid. What's the point of it?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    They obviously don't want to serve customers who are only after a cheap carry-oot. (Maybe it's the post-pub culture they want to avoid? I don't know.)

People seem to forget that it's their choice who to serve, after all.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I reckon I can too. I love experimenting with curry.

I love experimenting too sweetpea. Love curries made with coconut milk mmmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    They obviously don't want to serve customers who are only after a cheap carry-oot. (Maybe it's the post-pub culture they want to avoid? I don't know.)

People seem to forget that it's their choice who to serve, after all.
    Oh ok, never thought of that. I doubt Fran rolled in there drunk though,maybe the could use discretion or something.

Seems a little silly that £10 minimum when another indian takeaway will be prepared to deliver their meal for free if you spend over £18
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I love experimenting too sweetpea. Love curries made with coconut milk mmmmmmmmm.
    yeah I use yoghurt too sometimes. I like it to make my eyes stream lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast