Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handy Hints..

When ever you burn your finger in the kitchen rub soap on it and leave it on to relieve pain

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    always listen to your wife/girlfriend, they are (almost) always right! lol
    And if not, they will nag you till you say they'r right.

Its best to agree it saves on the headache pills.

Wash the car when it`s raining,the cars already wet and it gets rinsed off with nice clean water.Simples.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by miknhev View Post
    Wash the car when it`s raining,the cars already wet and it gets rinsed off with nice clean water.Simples.
    That's what I do.

Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars, simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.

Always poo at work-not only will you save money on toilet paper, but you'll also be getting paid for it.

Weight watchers. Avoid the temptation to guzzle a chocolate bar by not buying it in the first place, you fat git.

Caught outside in a heavy downpour?

Then simply handcuff yourself to someone who is using an umbrella.

And don't forget that pool cue cases make a handy travelling box for small snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by upolian View Post
    dont wash your car with a sponge
    Nothing wrong with a micro fibre sponge.. Much better than using the cloths
    STAY IN TUNE

Girls. Don't worry about a nice dress for that important first date, all he's interested in is seeing you naked.

Quote Originally Posted by M R View Post
    Nothing wrong with a micro fibre sponge.. Much better than using the cloths
    An mf sponge dosnt cut the job,a lambswool mitt takes dirt into the back(it has a very deep pile) therefore not dragging dirt along the paint...anything with sponge in the name your asking for trouble....and microfibre clothes are for buffing off polish or wax not washing depends how much you care about your paint,some people are happy with a 99p yellow sponge wether it inflicts scratching or not

Save your water bill. Pee outside (But not in someones garden)

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE View Post
    When ever you burn your finger in the kitchen rub soap on it and leave it on to relieve pain
    This is a must not do - does not good, old wifes tale!. should put burn under running cold water immediately.

25-Oct-09 17:35teddybear1873Save on ironing costs by giving all your shirts to the Cancer Research, and then buy them back for 50p each.

made me laugh so much - v funny!!

A good tip - cut the end off your broccli and place in a jug of water in your fridge - your broccli will last a few weeks and will never go soft (not sure what else you could try this with!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    This is a must not do - does not good, old wifes tale!. should put burn under running cold water immediately.
    If you run cold water over a burn the sting does come back once u stop the water running even thou thats what your supposed to do but if u rub a we bit of soap over it and leave the soap on it doesnt sting so much i often get burn marks on my fingers im very clumsy person
    Try it

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    always listen to your wife/girlfriend, they are (almost) always right! lol
    Good one, have to agree it makes life a lot simpler all round

If someone cholks on an ice cube, don't panic. Pure boiling water down there throat....

For any idiots out there I am joking.

pour a little anti freeze in an outside hose,connect to wall,let water run through slow have somebody watch the other end when it almost appears,turn the tap off,hose wont freeze

If you hit yourself on the thumb when using a hammer - then be more careful next time.

To avoid falling off a cliff into the sea - move to Switzerland.

pour a little anti freeze in an outside hose,connect to wall,let water run through slow have somebody watch the other end when it almost appears,turn the tap off,hose wont freeze
    Better still disconnect hose and take it inside. Less hassle and only a one man job.

Never heard anything so stupid in my life!! Where does the antifreeze go when you use the hose the next time!!

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Girls. Don't worry about a nice dress for that important first date, all he's interested in is seeing you naked.
    Funny

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Never heard anything so stupid in my life!! Where does the antifreeze go when you use the hose the next time!!
    you plug hose in water runs through flushes it out....alot of valeters do this in winter to prevent hose freeze,i dont tend to store my equipment in my house,nothing stupid about it,people have different methods this works for me,please tell me why this is stupid?do you think the anti freeze goes on what ever your spraying? common sense....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast