Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: laptop repairs

Default laptop repairs

Yes its me again with laptop problems!!!

I have a packard bell laptop the one we had before we got this one. It will be 3 years old in the coming may.

I was working fine and we cleared alot of it ready to sell but then decided on giving it to out 9 year old son.

He had it for a wee while then all of a sudden wouldnt charge up. when i plug it in the orange middle light( there are 3 lights on front) blinks on orange then blinks off again.

Not sur if its the battery thats goosed or what the problem is. Googled new battery backs and came back at £116!!!!!!!!

Any help very gratefully recieved
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

If you remove the battery pack does the laptop work just on mains? In which case it could be the battery pack which is goosed, or it could be the charging circuit inside the laptop.

Only way to check is to get borrow another laptop which uses the same battery - then you can check the battery in it, or your battery in the borrowed one. It should reveal where the problem is.

If you post your laptop make & model plus battery make & model here you may get someone responding with an offer

Thanks bob i knew you would come to the rescue. Tried the laptop without the battery pack and its working now. Can i use it like this or is it not a good idea?
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

yep should be ok

order a newy off of ebay but beware of the hong kong connections!
    even uk sites are in hong kong

these batpacks tend to be years old and the cells typically crap, they even put new labels on them.

see if you can order one from your local stockist for your lappy

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs