Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bombs Away!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Cheers kirdon , is it a kelp farm down there or pretty clear & how deep? If you dont mind me asking of course
    Best to dive in wintertime as during the summer you can see very little for the kelp. Word of warning though, I am told you are not allowed to dive this wreck so it may be worthwhile double checking. As for depth I think it is approximately 20 to 30 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirdon View Post
    Best to dive in wintertime as during the summer you can see very little for the kelp. Word of warning though, I am told you are not allowed to dive this wreck so it may be worthwhile double checking. As for depth I think it is approximately 20 to 30 feet.
    About 15m iirc, as far as I'm aware, it's not a War Grave and I've never been made aware of any restrictions on diving from the MOD.
    Put it this way, it's a popular dive with some people I know up here........

As for the kelp, I'd agree with you there. I've only ever dived it in winter - general viz is a lot better then, anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12