Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Making A Mountain Out of a Mole Hill...

Default Making A Mountain Out of a Mole Hill...

I really need to address this situation and felt that here was the best place to do it.
    A couple of nights ago I got up in the middle of the night, disorientated, and ending up having a pretty bad accident - in the dark and not with my senses about me - I tripped and went flying into my window/radiator and ended up bursting open my lip and bashing my head pretty badly also.
    It wasn't till I saw all the blood and a cracked window (there single glazed windows and I have a pretty hard head lol), that I was alert suddenly and began to panic and scream in fright.
    Plus, I was home alone - even worse. I managed to phone an ambulance even though I was panicing and in shock.
    I've since had a few stitches in my lip and am fine other than that - but that's not the point, it's the false rumours and exaggerations going around the town about it that's bugging me.
    A silly accident has suddenly become speculation that someone did this to me, or it was an argument/fight that lead this to happen. This is all 100% not true. I was home alone, so for people to accuse my partner of actually doing this, it makes me angry and upset.
    He got a bigger fright than me because of what happened to me, it could have been a lot worse, I'm quite lucky I just got a burst lip...so you can imagine how hurtful it is to hear these false rumours.
    He'd never cause me harm and anyone who is gossiping about this incident and saying anything to the contrary, you are causing nothing but worry and upset to people who were already feeling that way in the first place.
    A mountain is being made out of a mole hill and considering the fact that nobody was actually there when it happened, except myself of course, I find it quite shocking that so many people claim to have "seen this or that", "heard this or that" and are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6.
    I suppose when they are gossiping about it, telling people I was thrown through a window, beaten up, etc, etc - sounds a lot better than the boring true story of what REALLY happened.
    So there, the record has been set straight and that should be end of story. A big fuss over nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by emc246 View Post
    I really need to address this situation and felt that here was the best place to do it.
    A couple of nights ago I got up in the middle of the night, disorientated, and ending up having a pretty bad accident - in the dark and not with my senses about me - I tripped and went flying into my window/radiator and ended up bursting open my lip and bashing my head pretty badly also.
    It wasn't till I saw all the blood and a cracked window (there single glazed windows and I have a pretty hard head lol), that I was alert suddenly and began to panic and scream in fright.
    Plus, I was home alone - even worse. I managed to phone an ambulance even though I was panicing and in shock.
    I've since had a few stitches in my lip and am fine other than that - but that's not the point, it's the false rumours and exaggerations going around the town about it that's bugging me.
    A silly accident has suddenly become speculation that someone did this to me, or it was an argument/fight that lead this to happen. This is all 100% not true. I was home alone, so for people to accuse my partner of actually doing this, it makes me angry and upset.
    He got a bigger fright than me because of what happened to me, it could have been a lot worse, I'm quite lucky I just got a burst lip...so you can imagine how hurtful it is to hear these false rumours.
    He'd never cause me harm and anyone who is gossiping about this incident and saying anything to the contrary, you are causing nothing but worry and upset to people who were already feeling that way in the first place.
    A mountain is being made out of a mole hill and considering the fact that nobody was actually there when it happened, except myself of course, I find it quite shocking that so many people claim to have "seen this or that", "heard this or that" and are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6.
    I suppose when they are gossiping about it, telling people I was thrown through a window, beaten up, etc, etc - sounds a lot better than the boring true story of what REALLY happened.
    So there, the record has been set straight and that should be end of story. A big fuss over nothing!
    Glad to hear your on the mend. Thats Caithness folk for you. They like having a chinwag and adding arms and legs.

You fart at Woolies and by the time you reach the railway station, It's thunder.

Come on, it's a small community, what do you expect? You know the truth, your partner knows the truth, that all that matters. Sod everyone else.

Im really not sure what to make of that to be honest. Its quite an open post.

Rumors are rumors...we all get a rumor spread about us at some point in Caithness. Maybe yes some more serious than others but there is no need to justify yourself if you know what exactly happened.

What does it matter what other people think?

Are you recovering well though as i can imagine it would have been a bit scary for you.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Thats not the way I got it!
    You chinned him,smacked a 'heavy 'over his head-an said that he was an imposter an unknown to you.
    So in return he was obliged to upend your good self -an spank the ---out of your butt!
    Strange how those things sometimes get twisted

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    Thats Caithness folk for you. They like having a chinwag and adding arms and legs.
    Nothing like a good ol' gross generalisation to liven things up.

Mind you, not surprising from one of the mob who follow follow this line of thought...

sorry to hear the rumour mill is running rampant again.. its all well and good to say to ignore it, and get over the rumours.. but at the end of the day, rumours like this can ruin a persons life. not only is it horrible but it is very damaging to a persons reputation. how would any of you like to be label as a child molester, or rapist or wife beater.. even though its not true, once that word gets out.. no one will ever believe you.
    all we have in this world is our word, and at the end of the day it does matter what people think of you. in as far as getting a job, being able to go out in public without people glaring at you, being ostracised, we are social creatures so being unjustly made into something we are not is very damaging.
    im so sorry this has happened to you, i hate that the caithness grape vine has caused distress and upset. hopefully you will get it all sorted out and every one set straight!
    http://itqueries.com/

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Wink

sorry dont believe a word you wrote, i think the truth is what ever the rumours are, plus they are more interesting than the load of waffle you wrote, i think he tried to do you in, threw a window at your head and burst yer lip with a live elephant or something like that smashed yer heid in with a radiator when the heating was on adding to injury with scalding hot water, then made a cuppa tea and thought to himself

i`ll tell her she was sleep walking or having a dream ???

Tell 'em to get stuffed. Village idiots who have no lives whatsoever and can only entertain themselves by pulling down someone else. What they don't know, they will happily make up.

You know the truth - and that's all that counts.

I hope u get AND feel better real soon.
    Do not worry..it will be a 9 day wonder...u know the truth,ignore[ not easy.i know] the rumour mongers.

Some folk will never let the truth get in the way of a good gossip story.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    I hope u get AND feel better real soon.
    Do not worry..it will be a 9 day wonder...u know the truth,ignore[ not easy.i know] the rumour mongers.
    That is the most eclectic collection of punctuation I've ever seen.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I hope you are recovering. My granny always said if they are talking about you they are giving some other pour soul a break. Sad but true.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    That is the most eclectic collection of punctuation I've ever seen.
    As long as ur happy.

Default Worst place for it.

That''s caithness people for you they are all the same,and i dont care who see's this,and what they dont know they make it up,makes you sick.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaFlett View Post
    That''s caithness people for you they are all the same,and i dont care who see's this,and what they dont know they make it up,makes you sick.
    Agree with you there. Most caithness people are much happier making up rubbish about you than telling the truth.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

it would have been worse if you said you lived in portgower

I have no idea who you and certinly havnt heard any rummers about anyone being beat up. If you ask me you are just looking for people to speak about you by posting it on here!!

I find this a strange post to make
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by DanaFlett View Post

Keep your sweeping statements for the people that are talking about you,we're not all tarred with the same brush. Your going the right way though to make enemies on here!

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    I have no idea who you and certinly havnt heard any rummers about anyone being beat up. If you ask me you are just looking for people to speak about you by posting it on here!!

I find this a strange post to make
    I don't find it strange, just someone who is venting on what happened.

Give the lassie a break.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast