Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there vampires in Portgower?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    Obviously none of the residents are on the org either. At least one could put in a good word for the place- even if they just visit at night!
    As a 2 year Pokeyrow resident some 40+ years ago I am getting a bit fed up with all this supposition.
    Just because I have two sharp front toofs and have been known to chew on a few necks does not mean I is a Vampire !.

Portgower "Acker Bilk " cloud yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    As a 2 year Pokeyrow resident some 40+ years ago I am getting a bit fed up with all this supposition.
    Just because I have two sharp front toofs and have been known to chew on a few necks does not mean I is a Vampire !.
    Davie, are you sure you don't mean 400+ years ago?

Portgower has recently been suggested as a site of great archaeological importance as it pre-dates both Skara Brae and the Great Pyramids.

They might know how old it was, if there were any archaeologists brave enough to go in and actually excavate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    Davie, are you sure you don't mean 400+ years ago?

Portgower has recently been suggested as a site of great archaeological importance as it pre-dates both Skara Brae and the Great Pyramids.

They might know how old it was, if there were any archaeologists brave enough to go in and actually excavate it!
    OK, I'll go in. I've watched Time Team, Buffy and Most Haunted. I know how to do this...I do, honest.

Before I go, do mobile phones work there, or should I take Derek Acorah in with me just in case?

going into portgower.... i just read that Ross Kemp refused to go in to mingle with the vampire gang, ran of screaming give me the taliban any day !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    OK, I'll go in. I've watched Time Team, Buffy and Most Haunted. I know how to do this...I do, honest.

Before I go, do mobile phones work there, or should I take Derek Acorah in with me just in case?
    Don't think Derek Acorah will be of any help, he's about as much use a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    Don't think Derek Acorah will be of any help, he's about as much use a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.
    Yes, but I can run faster than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-eared View Post
    Portgower "Acker Bilk " cloud yesterday.
    And you all thought I was making it up, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post

One tale reveals how a charabanc full of jazz players en route from Pitlochry to Thrumster simply disappeared into thin air after leaving Brora, they were last seen knocking on the door of a house in Portgower asking for a glass of water.
    That was Glenn Miller, in December 1944.

And what about those young rock&roll artistes who went missing in Feb 1959? Now they're doomed to play at the Portgower Tropical Bonsai Park for eternity.....

Last edited by sids; 27-Oct-09 at 13:23.

Hmm, doubtful that there will be any mobile phone signal there in a Bermuda Triangle sort of way...

You see, it's a magnetic hotspot and the makers of Lost actually based the programme on Portgower.

You could take a baseball and chuck it out in a Poltergeist inspired plea for help?

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    That was Glenn Miller, in December 1944.

And what about those young rock&roll artistes who went missing in Feb 1959? Now they're doomed to play at the Portgower Portgower Tropical Bonsai Park for eternity.....

I always thought that statue was erected in memory of the third Proclaimers triplet who disappeared in the Portgower area?

Yer learn summat every day on here.......

didnt they all play with the Bunilidh trio in the late seventies, im sure they look familiar

Incidentally, don't even get me started on the Belgrave Arms...it has underground tunnels that run over to Portgower! They were believed to have been scraped out by hand (or fingernail) in excess of 3000 years ago...

Oh my god look at poor davy he went into the phone box over 40 years ago pressed button B and landed in Kinbrace, now this is getting way to scary ....

Quote Originally Posted by elamanya View Post
    didnt they all play with the Bunilidh trio in the late seventies, im sure they look familiar
    I knew I had seen you somewhere before !!. I played button box with the Bunillidh Trio at a dance in Portgower in 1678, or was it 1679 ??.

Were you the one that guzzled all my half bottle and then took off on a broomstick before I could get you in to the coffin ??.

This is good for me. At my advanced age short term memory loss kicks in but I can remember the 1600's in Pokyrow and the 'Dale like it was yesterday !.

Mobiles don't work. But you could take an old ham radio with you and use it like in the film Frequency.
    It might just break through the time-space continuum and someone will hear your pleas for help, they probably will hear them in 2298 but it may bring you some comfort.

On A gloomy and wet day this thread had me in stitches.

I knew I had seen you somewhere before !!. I played button box with the Bunillidh Trio at a dance in Portgower in 1678, or was it 1679 ??.

Were you the one that guzzled all my half bottle and then took off on a broomstick before I could get you in to the coffin ??.

This is good for me. At my advanced age short term memory loss kicks in but I can remember the 1600's in Pokyrow and the 'Dale like it was yesterday !.
    oops my mistake davy it was 1678 not 1978, doesnt time fly when you go in and out that phone box, i did indeed take a dram from your half bottle dam fine moonshine if i may say so, have you still got the old still up in glenn miller

Quote Originally Posted by elamanya View Post
    are they the ones who have the B&B at the bottom of the hill.

No Hamish & Esther live near the centre of the village, and the last house on the left belongs to her family...........beware, and another word of warning, MOBILE PHONES DO NOT WORK IN PORTGOWER.....

And how did someone find out about the tunnels connecting the Belgrave with Portgower???? That has been a well kept secret.....

Personly I blame the configuration of the ley lines combined with the equinoxial tides and the harmonics created by the great quake that caused a huge tsunami that hit the coast some thouands of years back.All this together with the earths magnetic field wobble has created a white hole, an extremely rare phenomenom not to be confused with black holes which are two a penny in comparison.
    If not Mr Einstein has some explaining to do!

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast