Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there vampires in Portgower?

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Aye, they all go up to Mid-Clyth for a slash.

Another thing about Portgower, I always feel like I'm being 'watched'.......
    Very good Northener, like it

i saw a man ? from a distance he was in a garden with a rake over his shoulder.....or was it a sythe.......grim reaper me thinks?
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

Just back from Sneckie,came through Portgower didn`t see anyone.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

I must've travelled that road hundreds of times, and ONCE I saw a man in his garden. I once knew a couple who moved away to Portgower - come to think about it, I've never seen them since!
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by miknhev View Post
    Just back from Sneckie,came through Portgower didn`t see anyone.
    And you never will!

Default Portgower

This is so funny, folks. I'm originally from Helmsdale and I can warn you, that if you do ever see daywalkers in Portgower, under no circumstances should you stop and speak to them. They are different!!!!!
    As for someone seeing a gardener with a rake...beware..!!!!!
    The only time there may be daywalkers in Portgower is the youngsters waiting for the school bus. But then you still won't see them as they will be hiding in the bus shelter.
    I went to school with a lad from Portgower and I should warn you all that he now lives in Wick..!!!!! That is why I have moved to Wick as well, to keep an eye on him. Us Helmies are the chosen ones. We know how to handle the daywalkers from Portgower.
    Portgower Daywalkers are different....!!!!!

I love this thread, it is funniest thing I have read on here for ages.

So who is going to have the courage to spend a night in Portgower on Halloween? I would but I'm too far away, so I reckon 1 or 2 orgers should do it's very own ' Most Haunted ' then give us some feedback on the events of that night.

My car once broke down late afternoon in the pouring rain at Portgower. I knocked on FIVE different doors and got no answer. Three cars drove past withour stopping. Even the guy in the big Stevens lorry thundered past. I was just about to hoof it to Helmsdale when I decide to try the engine again. Thankfully the car started and I drove away out of there like the proverbial bat out of hell. I always keep my phone ready when I drive through now just in case this time the aliens get me.........

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat View Post
    My car once broke down late afternoon in the pouring rain at Portgower. I knocked on FIVE different doors and got no answer. Three cars drove past withour stopping. Even the guy in the big Stevens lorry thundered past. I was just about to hoof it to Helmsdale when I decide to try the engine again. Thankfully the car started and I drove away out of there like the proverbial bat out of hell. I always keep my phone ready when I drive through now just in case this time the aliens get me.........
    Whatever you do, 'UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, GO TO THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT'

Default portgower

I had to deliver a parcel to a house there once it was 9am on a Sunday morning. I stood for ages at the door waiting only to be greeted by a woman with the darkest black beard av ever seen with the deepst voice. Now you think may this was a bloke. But you'd wrong She had a pinky coloured dressing gown and womans slippers. And i thought to myself God this woman should be in Scooby Doo.

Quote Originally Posted by sprocketman View Post
    I had to deliver a parcel to a house there once it was 9am on a Sunday morning. I stood for ages at the door waiting only to be greeted by a woman with the darkest black beard av ever seen with the deepst voice. Now you think may this was a bloke. But you'd wrong She had a pinky coloured dressing gown and womans slippers. And i thought to myself God this woman should be in Scooby Doo.
    It wasn't Shaggy was it?

Stuff Scooby Doo & Shaggy!

I want Buffy....phwoar!
    (purely in a professional sense that is.....honest.......)

Scooby dooby doooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by sprocketman View Post
    I have a picture of this person......

Default Electric City

Does anyone remember CB Radio and "Handles" ? Portgower was "Electric City" because it had streetlights.

I saw someone get on the bus there one day... I phoned my mate I was so shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    So who is going to have the courage to spend a night in Portgower on Halloween? I would but I'm too far away, so I reckon 1 or 2 orgers should do it's very own ' Most Haunted ' then give us some feedback on the events of that night.
    Now this is an idea!!

I think it'd be a scoop for the tellybox program.... with Whyvette Fielding & Derk Acorah, a few has been wish they were nearly once a celeb's.

Quality.

Ah hah, now we have the answer, they get on the bus and are never seen again,must be some thing to do with them crossing the invisible force field that surrounds the area and once they leave they cannot return.
    Do you realise there could be a whole generations of ghostly folk roaming the hills of Sutherland?

Maybe the sign entering Portgower should read:

Welcome to Portgower
    (Twinned with the Marie Celeste)

i think that it might have something to do with the clearances, maybee the people in portgower are scared of being put in boats and sent away to a far of land , even further than wick

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast