Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there vampires in Portgower?

Default Are there vampires in Portgower?

Decided to start a new thread for this theory on the subject of there being no daywalkers in Portgower!!

I saw the most amazing thing one night driving through one Friday night...

There were 2 tourists standing at the 'Welcome to Portgower' signs and they were the splitting image of Tubbs and Edward from League of Gentlemen. They were even dressed the same...

I maybe would have stopped the car to ask them to pose for a photo but I feared for my very life!!!

What's odd is you're not the first to comment on this. There was a thread at least a year ago on the very same subject and I've noticed the eerie lack of humans every time I go through......

The speed limit is 40 through there...I go through at 40 if I'm feeling particularly brave...70 if I'm not

Has anyone ever seen a human walking in Portgower?

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    Decided to start a new thread for this theory on the subject of there being no daywalkers in Portgower!!

There were 2 tourists standing at the 'Welcome to Portgower' signs and they were the splitting image of Tubbs and Edward from League of Gentlemen. They were even dressed the same...

I maybe would have stopped the car to ask them to pose for a photo but I feared for my very life!!!
    Strange......Must have been a mirage.

Y'know, now you mention it........ I don't think I've seen anyone during the day either!

Don't be worried about Tubbs & Edward, they'll just be visiting from Dunbeath.

Cat, Pigeons........

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    What's odd is you're not the first to comment on this. There was a thread at least a year ago on the very same subject and I've noticed the eerie lack of humans every time I go through......

The speed limit is 40 through there...I go through at 40 if I'm feeling particularly brave...70 if I'm not

Has anyone ever seen a human walking in Portgower?

Can't say I have, unless they turn into rabbits.

maybe they were from brigadoon

Its a well known fact that they are aliens not vampires.

Have been making sure all the doors are locked on the car for years now - central locking has certainly saved a lot of time and worry over the years.

Tis not a good place to loiter. Having said that, I bet no one pees at the botttom of their gardens.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Well, every time we drive through we have a frantic sweepstake of "Are we going to see anyone today?"

My OH just about crashed when I yelped another time when I saw people there. That would bring them down out of the hills I think. Imagine the next big horror being:

"The Helms' Have Eyes"

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    ......Tis not a good place to loiter. Having said that, I bet no one pees at the botttom of their gardens.
    Aye, they all go up to Mid-Clyth for a slash.

Another thing about Portgower, I always feel like I'm being 'watched'.......

"My OH just about crashed when I yelped another time when I saw people there. That would bring them down out of the hills I think. Imagine the next big horror being:

"The Helms' Have Eyes"

[/QUOTE]

LOL LOL
    i was comin up on the bus fae snekky a couple o weeks ago and a guy got off the bus and had a suitcase, even.........
    this was after dark admittedly
    Last edited by jings00; 23-Oct-09 at 12:30. Reason: made a hips o it
    it's a sair fecht

I did see a figure once in "Portglower" . Don't know if it was human though,I just floored it !!

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Another thing about Portgower, I always feel like I'm being 'watched'.......

Make sure your wearing your crucifix lad!

They can smell your fear.

Inside Portgower houses -

The cold October wind howls outside, driving rain fleetingly caught in the orange glow of the distant streetlights....
    A pile of cobweb covered unopened mail on the lobby floor and strange , quiet, scratching, clawing noises coming from upstairs, where a faint , flickering glow casts weird , twisted shadows on the wall. Did that shadow twitch just then.....??

Do you go up for a look..........?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-eared View Post

The cold October wind howls outside, driving rain fleetingly caught in the orange glow of the distant streetlights....
    A pile of cobweb covered unopened mail on the lobby floor and strange , quiet, scratching, clawing noises coming from upstairs, where a faint , flickering glow casts weird , twisted shadows on the wall. Did that shadow twitch just then.....??

Sounds like a B&B I stayed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-eared View Post

Are you 'aving a bubble baff? You wouldn't get me up there for all the tea in China!!!

My friend and I actually knew someone who lived there, maybe 10 years ago and we stopped at his house to pick something up. Even he left the engine running, so what does that say??

Haven't seen him since, I'm sure I'd still recognise him though 'cos vampires don't age

Default It's a conspiracy!

Maybe it's just a diversion, start the rumour about vampires and we all stay away but it's actually a Roswellesque Area 51 for aliens!
    The next thing you know we'll be modelling mountains out of smash and plasticine.

Its a well known fact that no one lives in Portgower! There is however a ghostly creature that enters the village before dusk and turns on various house lights and then returns at dawn to switch them off.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rourkee View Post
    Its a well known fact that no one lives in Portgower! There is however a ghostly creature that enters the village before dusk and turns on various house lights and then returns at dawn to switch them off.
    Aye! and when there is snow on the ground this ghostly creature runs around trying to get loads of footprints to make it look like there are people actually living there.

i saw 4 people in Portgower one day... I nearly put the car off the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    i saw 4 people in Portgower one day... I nearly put the car off the road.
    Were they sort of lurching along with their arms outstretched?

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast