Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there vampires in Portgower?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Are there vampires in Portgower?

Decided to start a new thread for this theory on the subject of there being no daywalkers in Portgower!!

I saw the most amazing thing one night driving through one Friday night...

There were 2 tourists standing at the 'Welcome to Portgower' signs and they were the splitting image of Tubbs and Edward from League of Gentlemen. They were even dressed the same...

I maybe would have stopped the car to ask them to pose for a photo but I feared for my very life!!!

What's odd is you're not the first to comment on this. There was a thread at least a year ago on the very same subject and I've noticed the eerie lack of humans every time I go through......

The speed limit is 40 through there...I go through at 40 if I'm feeling particularly brave...70 if I'm not

Has anyone ever seen a human walking in Portgower?

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    What's odd is you're not the first to comment on this. There was a thread at least a year ago on the very same subject and I've noticed the eerie lack of humans every time I go through......

The speed limit is 40 through there...I go through at 40 if I'm feeling particularly brave...70 if I'm not

Has anyone ever seen a human walking in Portgower?

Can't say I have, unless they turn into rabbits.

Its a well known fact that they are aliens not vampires.

Have been making sure all the doors are locked on the car for years now - central locking has certainly saved a lot of time and worry over the years.

Tis not a good place to loiter. Having said that, I bet no one pees at the botttom of their gardens.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Well, every time we drive through we have a frantic sweepstake of "Are we going to see anyone today?"

My OH just about crashed when I yelped another time when I saw people there. That would bring them down out of the hills I think. Imagine the next big horror being:

"The Helms' Have Eyes"

"My OH just about crashed when I yelped another time when I saw people there. That would bring them down out of the hills I think. Imagine the next big horror being:

"The Helms' Have Eyes"

[/QUOTE]

LOL LOL
    i was comin up on the bus fae snekky a couple o weeks ago and a guy got off the bus and had a suitcase, even.........
    this was after dark admittedly
    Last edited by jings00; 23-Oct-09 at 12:30. Reason: made a hips o it
    it's a sair fecht

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    ......Tis not a good place to loiter. Having said that, I bet no one pees at the botttom of their gardens.
    Aye, they all go up to Mid-Clyth for a slash.

Another thing about Portgower, I always feel like I'm being 'watched'.......

Make sure your wearing your crucifix lad!

They can smell your fear.

Aye, they all go up to Mid-Clyth for a slash.

Very good Northener, like it

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    Decided to start a new thread for this theory on the subject of there being no daywalkers in Portgower!!

There were 2 tourists standing at the 'Welcome to Portgower' signs and they were the splitting image of Tubbs and Edward from League of Gentlemen. They were even dressed the same...

I maybe would have stopped the car to ask them to pose for a photo but I feared for my very life!!!
    Strange......Must have been a mirage.

Y'know, now you mention it........ I don't think I've seen anyone during the day either!

Don't be worried about Tubbs & Edward, they'll just be visiting from Dunbeath.

Cat, Pigeons........

maybe they were from brigadoon

Default Portgower

This is so funny, folks. I'm originally from Helmsdale and I can warn you, that if you do ever see daywalkers in Portgower, under no circumstances should you stop and speak to them. They are different!!!!!
    As for someone seeing a gardener with a rake...beware..!!!!!
    The only time there may be daywalkers in Portgower is the youngsters waiting for the school bus. But then you still won't see them as they will be hiding in the bus shelter.
    I went to school with a lad from Portgower and I should warn you all that he now lives in Wick..!!!!! That is why I have moved to Wick as well, to keep an eye on him. Us Helmies are the chosen ones. We know how to handle the daywalkers from Portgower.
    Portgower Daywalkers are different....!!!!!

I love this thread, it is funniest thing I have read on here for ages.

So who is going to have the courage to spend a night in Portgower on Halloween? I would but I'm too far away, so I reckon 1 or 2 orgers should do it's very own ' Most Haunted ' then give us some feedback on the events of that night.

My car once broke down late afternoon in the pouring rain at Portgower. I knocked on FIVE different doors and got no answer. Three cars drove past withour stopping. Even the guy in the big Stevens lorry thundered past. I was just about to hoof it to Helmsdale when I decide to try the engine again. Thankfully the car started and I drove away out of there like the proverbial bat out of hell. I always keep my phone ready when I drive through now just in case this time the aliens get me.........

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat View Post
    My car once broke down late afternoon in the pouring rain at Portgower. I knocked on FIVE different doors and got no answer. Three cars drove past withour stopping. Even the guy in the big Stevens lorry thundered past. I was just about to hoof it to Helmsdale when I decide to try the engine again. Thankfully the car started and I drove away out of there like the proverbial bat out of hell. I always keep my phone ready when I drive through now just in case this time the aliens get me.........
    Whatever you do, 'UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, GO TO THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT'

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat View Post

I've already posted a warning to everyone about Portgower...you are SO lucky to have survived your adventure there, and SO lucky that no one answered their door to you..you would never have been seen again. And there is no phone signal in Portgower....!!!! But don't ever be tempted to use the phonebox....it's a lure....As for the last house on the left, I presume you mean when heading north....Stay clear...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    So who is going to have the courage to spend a night in Portgower on Halloween? I would but I'm too far away, so I reckon 1 or 2 orgers should do it's very own ' Most Haunted ' then give us some feedback on the events of that night.
    Now this is an idea!!

I think it'd be a scoop for the tellybox program.... with Whyvette Fielding & Derk Acorah, a few has been wish they were nearly once a celeb's.

Quality.

Ah hah, now we have the answer, they get on the bus and are never seen again,must be some thing to do with them crossing the invisible force field that surrounds the area and once they leave they cannot return.
    Do you realise there could be a whole generations of ghostly folk roaming the hills of Sutherland?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast