Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Ultimate Shopping Experience.

Default The Ultimate Shopping Experience.

I have never been that keen on going out and doing shopping, however if I do decide to enter the mad world of high street shopping it would be good to come home with what I wanted and enjoy the experience.

Mrs M ,like most women have A level skills at shopping and seem to enjoy browsing through shops for endless hours and buy nothing, or buy something that will need returning soon because they have been optimistic about the size.

I think the enjoyment has been taken out of the getting out and interacting with people because many of the large stores have staff that see so many shoppers in a day that they could not care less if you bought something or not, (not all staff) were as the independents of yesteryear would always go that extra mile to achieve a sale and a happy customer that is sure to return.

Am I being cynical or has the fun gone out of spending the hard earned shillings?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

IMO there never was any fun in going shopping, unless it was surveying the middle isles of Lidl looking for bargains (and never finding them.) Why is there never a size nine pair of shoes or trainers to be had? Oh yes, when you get home, these so called 'bargains' don't seem to be 'bargains' anymore.

Men don't go 'shopping'. 'Shopping' is for women.

Men 'buy'.

We have a clear understanding (before we even leave the house) of what we want to buy, and we seek it and bloody well buy it. There and then, no faffing.

The only time we men 'browse', is when we come across a quaint old record store, whereupon we will spend hours looking for that ancient Gentle Giant or Aphrodite's Child LP ('cos the CD re-release doesn't quite sound the same) we remember so well from our youth.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post

Men 'buy'.

We have a clear understanding (before we even leave the house) of what we want to buy, and we seek it and bloody well buy it. There and then, no faffing.

The only time we men 'browse', is when we come across a quaint old record store, whereupon we will spend hours looking for that ancient Gentle Giant or Aphrodite's Child LP ('cos the CD re-release doesn't quite sound the same) we remember so well from our youth.
    You're talking out of your backside MA. Nobody in their right mind would waste time looking for overblown cobblers like that. All the 'dudes' would be looking for Mott the Hoople......

Default Shopping//Buying!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppellin View Post
    IMO there never was any fun in going shopping, unless it was surveying the middle isles of Lidl looking for bargains (and never finding them.) Why is there never a size nine pair of shoes or trainers to be had? Oh yes, when you get home, these so called 'bargains' don't seem to be 'bargains' anymore.
    I am at the very least pleased that I am not the only one that has a shed and house littered with what seemed like a bargain not to missed from Lidl, also the bargain that you went specifically to get is either sold out or the wrong size.

If I was to stumble on a record store that sold old vinyl I think I might be looking for Led Zeppelin one and two.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I loathe shopping! I see it as something to be done as quickly as possible, know what you want, where it is, get it, pay for it, go home.

Then you get to the shop and they've rearranged everything and you can't find what you're looking for...
    People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will
    never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I am at the very least pleased that I am not the only one that has a shed and house littered with what seemed like a bargain not to missed from Lidl, also the bargain that you went specifically to get is either sold out or the wrong size.

If I was to stumble on a record store that sold old vinyl I think I might be looking for Led Zeppelin one and two.
    Kevin,there used to be a shop in Croydon that sold vinyl.It was called Beano`s I think.Might be worth a try.Mik.
    Found them www.beanos.co.uk Give them a ring,you never know.
    Last edited by Mik.M.; 23-Oct-09 at 10:15. Reason: found them
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post

we've just had boxes of old vinyles donated to our charity shop,pity were in Skye,you'd have a field day.

Oh loves gizmo shopping in Lidils too although he's complaining its not as good as it use to be.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Talking

The ultimate shopping experience is not to shop,unfortunately I do need to eat but go with a specific list which halves the time taken.I'm too busy enjoying life to waste time on such mundane tasks.

i love shopping but i prefer 2 have company, be it kids, OH or a pal. just wish i had the cash to really shop til i drop. i even enjoyed hoover shopping the other day.

*giggles* when me and mumof2 go to Inverness its dangerous!
    i love to shop! i can do it for hours and hours!!
    start at 9 am, still shopping at 5 pm no problem!!!!
    i hate to grocery shop, does my head in.. i just want to get in and out as fast as i can!
    OMG i could live in Matalan!
    for someone who is not uber girly when it comes to shopping i become a barbie girl!
    however hubby starts to feel physically ill when i start to shop!
    i can go into a clothes shop and his head hurts, his stomach hurts... he is even training the kids!
    i need to have a girl so i have someone to train to do things properly! *laughs*
    theres so few joys in life that measure up to a good girls day out!
    http://itqueries.com/

you can borrow Amy if you want i've got her trained already, she loves a girly shopping trip and lots of clothes and shoes shops.

well.. she pretty much is the only girl im ever going to have.. *grins* for a while there i was worried she was going to be ruined being around all boys.. but she has turned into a proper little girl! *G* one of these days your going to wake up and find one of my boys in amys room and a note saying... even trade.. *laughs*
    http://itqueries.com/

Before Tesco came to Wick you very rarely saw couples doing shopping together in either Somerfields or the Co-op. The men just sat outside in their cars and waited until the deed was done. That seems to have drastically changed now judging by the amount of couples shopping together in Tescos. We even have men, on their own, doing the weekly shop (with a few CD's, tools etc. thrown in the trolley under the bread). Is it the wider aisles or excellent offers that are attracting them there I wonder? No it's just a case of they do enjoy shopping as much as women, but will never be man enough to admit it.

So how many of you ladies out there now find a willingness from the other half to accompany you on a shopping trip to Tescos?
    Last edited by Venture; 25-Oct-09 at 15:40.

my OH comes shoppin with me just so he can fill the trolley with stuff he likes to eat such as chocolate gateux and other rubbish i wouldn't normally buy. he somehow manages to double my shopping bill while he's at it grr.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post

Men 'buy'.

Very true though must disagree and say that not all women shop some just buy.

I do not shop i buy. i go to the shops with something in mind. i go i, get it and get out. No faffing about for me!

I shop on ebay not the shops in the centre. No choice on ebay as you still have to browse
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Shortly the wife and me are making our annual pilgrimage to the North East (Newcastle) no doubt she will be going to the "metro centre" now that is shoppers paradise if any one ever goes that way try it, as for me going forget it, I was coerced once, never again !!.