Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justice!!??

Angry Justice!!??

In Scotland, a teenage single mother who caused the death of her passenger and injuring another passenger and herself (she was sober) was sent to prison for 4 years.
    Yet in england, a mother who also crashed her car, with 7 children crammed inside (one was in the boot) causing a horrific dual carriageway pile-up killing 3 of her young passengers and one other and seriously injuring 6 others was only sent to 2 years imprisonment.
    How can courts differ so much in their sentences in two different countries in Britain? Where is the justice? Surely the english woman should have been given a longer sentence as she caused more deaths and injuries and she shouldn't have had so many children in the car.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    In Scotland, a teenage single mother who caused the death of her passenger and injuring another passenger and herself (she was sober) was sent to prison for 4 years.
    Yet in england, a mother who also crashed her car, with 7 children crammed inside (one was in the boot) causing a horrific dual carriageway pile-up killing 3 of her young passengers and one other and seriously injuring 6 others was only sent to 2 years imprisonment.
    How can courts differ so much in their sentences in two different countries in Britain? Where is the justice? Surely the english woman should have been given a longer sentence as she caused more deaths and injuries and she shouldn't have had so many children in the car.
    Fran this is scotland we are always hard done by .

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    There is no such thing as justice in modern day society and no parity in sentencing.Trial by post code is the system we run on. Scotland has the highest number of prisoners per capita in Europe. A charge that will carry a two year sentence in the North of Scotland will get three months or community service in the South of England.This is particularly true in drug cases.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

justice... what's that?

QUOTE=Gleber2]There is no such thing as justice in modern day society and no parity in sentencing.Trial by post code is the system we run on. Scotland has the highest number of prisoners per capita in Europe. A charge that will carry a two year sentence in the North of Scotland will get three months or community service in the South of England.This is particularly true in drug cases.[/QUOTE]
    True, very true.
    But that's why I don't have to worry when I park my car if it will still be there when I go back for it, or even worse, wondering if the car will still be outside the house when I wake up in the morning.
    That's why I don't have to avoid going to the cash machine if there are some youths nearby.
    That's why I don't have to worry that somebody might be lurking in a dark corner when I walk about at night.
    That's why I don't have to have a house that's protected better than Fort Knox.

Over fifteen years ago I asked an old lady in her seventies what had happened to her arm.
    Her answer? "It got broken."
    "How did you manage to do that?"
    "I got mugged for my handbag."
    "Have you reported it?"
    "No, why bother, they won't catch anybody so I won't get it back and if they do catch somebody then nothing will happen to them."
    And even with things like that her attitude wasn't all that unusual even then.

I feel far safer and more relaxed here than I did during my last 30 years in England.
    Scottish Justice isn't harsh and unfair, it's more that English Justice has simply caved in under pressure and given up.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by sjwahwah
    justice... what's that?
    When you read articles in the paper stating that 40 people in England have be CAUTIONED for rape....it makes you wonder!!!

where was the justice last week when a guy who took off from a junction with out looking properly and killed a biker and seriously injured his wife who was pillion got a silly fine and some points. careless driving he got charged with. you can get done for careless driving by spinning your tyres whilst taking off from a junction. the justice system in this country in beyond reasonable words

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    There is no such thing as justice in modern day society and no parity in sentencing.Trial by post code is the system we run on. Scotland has the highest number of prisoners per capita in Europe. A charge that will carry a two year sentence in the North of Scotland will get three months or community service in the South of England.This is particularly true in drug cases.
    Indeed, justice does not exist in this country. I have thought long and hard about the trial "by postcode". But, I'm afraid the system we run on is run by CORRUPT lawyers, judges and even the ombudsmen you name it & naebody cares what postcode yer in.. they're all involved & are motivated by the same sickness (captialism) and none are excused where conflict of interest is evident. Even in personal experiences of late.. I see you must only simply follow the money to find the truth and they control with the "fear" tactic and we wallow at the feet of our "superiors" and welcome this "legally, less blatant" feudalistic school of so-called freedom we have witnessed in Scotland. "They" see breakdown of society as "progress" & we're all working for them, unethical to the bone!.. Google Dr. Pianka. For example, "Sustainability" is an everyday word now and concept you need to embrace for acceptance into the system. Fact is, "they" want slaves and have them and want to KEEP them. Retaliate when they want to "biodiversify" and sequester man in polluted embarassing cages (cities) worshipping consumerism and praising coercive submission into THE panopticon we violently & robotically and painfully survive in today.

Revolutions do not work...but, we need to take a drastic action... it's only a shame some folk cannae give up and see past the importance of hair tongs.

I ask.. what about second or third party rape and murder and torture??????? We're contributing to this every day just by flippin on the light switch!
    Last edited by sjwahwah; 13-Apr-06 at 02:32.

Indeed, justice does not exist in this country. I have thought long and hard about the trial "by postcode". But, I'm afraid the system we run on is run by CORRUPT lawyers, judges and even the ombudsmen you name it & naebody cares what postcode yer in.. they're all involved & are motivated by the same sickness (captialism) and none are excused where conflict of interest is evident. Even in personal experiences of late.. I see you must only simply follow the money to find the truth and they control with the "fear" tactic and we wallow at the feet of our "superiors" and welcome this "legally, less blatant" feudalistic school of so-called freedom we have witnessed in Scotland. "They" see breakdown of society as "progress" & we're all working for them, unethical to the bone!.. Google Dr. Pianka. For example, "Sustainability" is an everyday word now and concept you need to embrace for acceptance into the system. Fact is, "they" want slaves and have them and want to KEEP them. Retaliate when they want to "biodiversify" and sequester man in polluted embarassing cages (cities) worshipping consumerism and praising coercive submission into THE panopticon we violently & robotically and painfully survive in today.

Revolutions do not work...but, we need to take a drastic action... it's only a shame some folk cannae give up and see past the importance of hair tongs.

I ask.. what about second or third party rape and murder and torture??????? We're contributing to this every day just by flippin on the light switch!
    How dare they say that I'm you. You're just a ranter.

I've def. got the rant itch. The picayune and irrelavant matters annoy & fester. :-)

wait......... I thought I was you...

I sit and watch the news and often wonder if the world has gone insane.

The law says that anyone who donates a large amount of money to a political party must be declared so the people can see that there is nothing untoward going on.

Tony Blair tells rich people instead of giving us money lend us money and don't bother asking us to pay it back, then I can give you a seat in the House of Lords without people getting suspicious.

When interviewed all he could say was "it's legal". It isn't legal it's stretching the law in a way no one else could get away with, a loan which is not repaid is a gift in all but name.

What sort of a message does this send to our young? When the highest person in government says anything goes if you can get away with it, the principle of the law does not matter. How can we have justice when those who sit as judges in the highest court in the land bribed the government to buy their seats?

But the media didn't make a big fuss, they didn't shout it from the treetops that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable from the people we elect to represent us so nobody thought it was important, nobody thinks for themselves anymore they just let the media tell them what to think.

Ranter is not the word I would use, for that diatribe, I have read it three times now and I'm even more confused
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach
    Ranter is not the word I would use, for that diatribe, I have read it three times now and I'm even more confused
    It's quite easy, in the old days most people had nothing and knew they were poor but that didn't matter because everyone else was poor as well. Today most people owe around £3,500 in unsecured loans and believe they are rich.

Unfortunately this process of fooling people into thinking they are rich by satisfying their irrational desires is very costly in terms of world resources. For instance America which has 5% of the worlds population consumes 25% of the worlds natural resources but this does not stop them from trying to con people in other countries into thinking that by joining the American Empire they too can believe they are rich. I think it is a matter of simple mathmatics that once 20% of the worlds population are consuming the same resources as America there is nothing left at all for the remaining 80% of the worlds population and worse, once the worlds natural resources are gone there is nothing left at all for future generations, our children and grandchildren will pay for our decadence. We are the equivalent of the Native American Indians who sold their lands for a few shiny beads and a mirror, we have sold our childrens birthrights so we can fill our bathroom shelves with plastic bottles and aerosols we never wanted in the first place but it made us feel good buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by fred
    It's quite easy, in the old days most people had nothing and knew they were poor but that didn't matter because everyone else was poor as well. Today most people owe around £3,500 in unsecured loans and believe they are rich.

Unfortunately this process of fooling people into thinking they are rich by satisfying their irrational desires is very costly in terms of world resources. For instance America which has 5% of the worlds population consumes 25% of the worlds natural resources but this does not stop them from trying to con people in other countries into thinking that by joining the American Empire they too can believe they are rich. I think it is a matter of simple mathmatics that once 20% of the worlds population are consuming the same resources as America there is nothing left at all for the remaining 80% of the worlds population and worse, once the worlds natural resources are gone there is nothing left at all for future generations, our children and grandchildren will pay for our decadence. We are the equivalent of the Native American Indians who sold their lands for a few shiny beads and a mirror, we have sold our childrens birthrights so we can fill our bathroom shelves with plastic bottles and aerosols we never wanted in the first place but it made us feel good buying them.
    It is not often that we completely agree but on the point of planetary insanity there is nothing between us. You only have to look at people like Golach to realise the truth. Is this not just another part of the Complete Conspiracy that you demonstrate so admirably? Our descendants, if the game survives long enough to create them, will veritably curse us for our selfish lack of thought. We are destroying our home so that we can drive to work and do everything else, including brushing our teeth, with electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by fred
    It's quite easy, in the old days most people had nothing and knew they were poor but that didn't matter because everyone else was poor as well. Today most people owe around £3,500 in unsecured loans and believe they are rich..
    I owe no money to anyone or any bank, I have no debt of any kind, I dont think I am rich, but I am better off than some, I have paid my way all my life, I have never taken out any loan of any kind apart from my mortgage, whch I am glad to say is all paid off, so maybe to some I am well off, but I am an ordinary bloke with no asperations to be mega rich, I do the lottery once a week, but I in all honesty have no hopes of winning, but you never know, then I love to be a Capatilist ruler. I would denote at least a Million pounds to my pal Gordon Brown and I would say no to a peerage, but would insist that certain Drug laws would be made stronger

I owe no money to anyone or any bank, I have no debt of any kind, I dont think I am rich, but I am better off than some, I have paid my way all my life, I have never taken out any loan of any kind apart from my mortgage, whch I am glad to say is all paid off, so maybe to some I am well off, but I am an ordinary bloke with no asperations to be mega rich, I do the lottery once a week, but I in all honesty have no hopes of winning, but you never know, then I love to be a Capatilist ruler. I would denote at least a Million pounds to my pal Gordon Brown and I would say no to a peerage, but would insist that certain Drug laws would be made stronger
    Give yourself a self satisfied pat on the back for being so perfect. In places where you can get executed for drug crime, people still do it. Insead of daft arguements, why don't you, in all your wisdom, tell us how you would change the laws and make it work where everything else has failed. Otherwise, drop the subject. You know nothing about it.

Give yourself a self satisfied pat on the back for being so perfect. In places where you can get executed for drug crime, people still do it. Insead of daft arguements, why don't you, in all your wisdom, tell us how you would change the laws and make it work where everything else has failed. Otherwise, drop the subject. You know nothing about it.
    Gleber2 I wish I could supply the answer to the "Drug problem" I would be worth a fortune, but as long as there is a demand for it and the weaker individuals of this world that find the need to use illeagal substances, then I see no solution. I agree I know nothing about the use of drugs, the thought of using illeagal drugs is abhorant to me. I chose to say NO, that is my choice, it is also my choice and my right to disagree with yourself, because what your preaching is in my opinion is wrong. And if you could not see that my remark about ME donating to a political party any political party was just a very big tongue in cheek remark, I think you need to get your humour level boosted. P.S. I dont consider myself perfect as you have constantly told me.

Gleber2 I wish I could supply the answer to the "Drug problem" I would be worth a fortune, but as long as there is a demand for it and the weaker individuals of this world that find the need to use illeagal substances, then I see no solution. I agree I know nothing about the use of drugs, the thought of using illeagal drugs is abhorant to me. I chose to say NO, that is my choice, it is also my choice and my right to disagree with yourself, because what your preaching is in my opinion is wrong. And if you could not see that my remark about ME donating to a political party any political party was just a very big tongue in cheek remark, I think you need to get your humour level boosted. P.S. I dont consider myself perfect as you have constantly told me.
    My responses are dictated by your posts and the style of them.. If the remark about drug laws was a joke then the humour was well diguised. I am preaching that a serious problem needs to be put right from every possible angle and my personal beliefs take second place to the nescessity for change.

Whether you are him or he is you is totally irrelevant, you are the true pair of raving sychophants lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast