Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justice!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    In Scotland, a teenage single mother who caused the death of her passenger and injuring another passenger and herself (she was sober) was sent to prison for 4 years.
    Yet in england, a mother who also crashed her car, with 7 children crammed inside (one was in the boot) causing a horrific dual carriageway pile-up killing 3 of her young passengers and one other and seriously injuring 6 others was only sent to 2 years imprisonment.
    How can courts differ so much in their sentences in two different countries in Britain? Where is the justice? Surely the english woman should have been given a longer sentence as she caused more deaths and injuries and she shouldn't have had so many children in the car.
    It just goes to show how slack the English penalty system can be compared to the Scottish system!! Either that or it is just luck which judge and jury you get.
    "If you do something right, people won't think you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    In Scotland, a teenage single mother who caused the death of her passenger and injuring another passenger and herself (she was sober) was sent to prison for 4 years.
    Yet in england, a mother who also crashed her car, with 7 children crammed inside (one was in the boot) causing a horrific dual carriageway pile-up killing 3 of her young passengers and one other and seriously injuring 6 others was only sent to 2 years imprisonment.
    How can courts differ so much in their sentences in two different countries in Britain? Where is the justice? Surely the english woman should have been given a longer sentence as she caused more deaths and injuries and she shouldn't have had so many children in the car.
    the saddest part of all is that the woman in England wont even serve the full two years

Quote Originally Posted by golach
    I owe no money to anyone or any bank, I have no debt of any kind, I dont think I am rich, but I am better off than some, I have paid my way all my life, I have never taken out any loan of any kind apart from my mortgage, whch I am glad to say is all paid off, so maybe to some I am well off, but I am an ordinary bloke with no asperations to be mega rich, I do the lottery once a week, but I in all honesty have no hopes of winning, but you never know, then I love to be a Capatilist ruler. I would denote at least a Million pounds to my pal Gordon Brown and I would say no to a peerage, but would insist that certain Drug laws would be made stronger
    The £3,500 is, according to the Office of National Statistics, the average amount owed in unsecured loans so if you owe nothing then there is someone else somewhere owes £7,000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12