Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu Vaccine / Too Slow

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Science can never beat a virus because it is constantly mutating, unlike a bacteria [sic] which remains the same.
    So where are the deaths from smallpox which would automatically follow from that statement?

A wise decision especially if you consider this ... " This entire scenario is ludicrous because the idea of a vaccine is impossible. Science can never beat a virus because it is constantly mutating, unlike a bacteria which remains the same. Sometimes a virus can mutate within hours; therefore, a vaccine which takes months to years to develop and test will be useless when introduced because the virus has mutated!"

So according to you there is no point in any Vaccine. ERR Excuse me but what about the Small Pox Vaccine.

The fact that Small Pox is No Longer a real threat is only due to the Vaccine.

No, the only Ludicrous thing is you trying to scare people away from getting any help from the H1N1 Vaccine that it might give.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    So where are the deaths from smallpox which would automatically follow from that statement?
    "In Australia when a few children died as a result of smallpox vaccinations the government abolished compulsory vaccination in that country and smallpox suddenly declined to the vanishing point. Australia had only three cases of smallpox in 15 years.
    Is there a vaccine for measles, aids, chicken pox, herpes? There is no vaccine for a virus.

"In Australia when a few children died as a result of smallpox vaccinations the government abolished compulsory vaccination in that country and smallpox suddenly declined to the vanishing point. Australia had only three cases of smallpox in 15 years.
    Is there a vaccine for measles, aids, chicken pox, herpes? There is no vaccine for a virus.

In 1967 there were 10 million cases of smallpox in 40 countries, mostly in the developing world, but a successful vaccination campaign organised through the WHO quickly brought the epidemics under control. The last natural outbreak of the disease occurred in Somalia in 1977.

Also what about Polio. Poliomyelitis (polio) is a highly contagious and
    infectious disease caused by any one of the three polio viruses.

This now has also been eradicated by a Vaccine.

So when you say there in no vaccine for a Virus this is total nonsence.

Just one more thing, there is a Vaccine for the Chicken Pox

The chickenpox vaccine is now licensed in the UK but it is not part of routine childhood vaccinations.

The vaccine against the varicella virus (which causes chickenpox) is not currently recommended for standard use in children.
    In most cases it is a mild illness and around 89% of adults in the UK will develop immunity to the illness.

The chickenpox vaccine is now recommended by the Department of Health for non-immune health care workers who work in primary care and in hospitals and who have direct patient contact.

People at high risk, such as vulnerable patients in hospital, are sometimes vaccinated.

The vaccine is also sometimes given to the siblings of children with leukaemia or who have had organ transplants (and whose immune systems are not fully functioning). This is to prevent brothers and sisters passing on the virus to the sick child, who would find it hard to fight the illness.

There is also a Vaccine for Measles, Mumps and Rubella
    Last edited by Kodiak; 21-Oct-09 at 21:02.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    These quotes from the Daily Mail are no longer valid. They were Published on the 9th of August and are now way out of date as more than a few weeks has passed. It also says in the same article, which you negleted (sic) to quote so I will :-

"A trial for children is planned within the next month"

Since this was Published well over Two Months ago this trial should have now been completed.

You can NOT go by what someone one says about a Outbreak back in 1976 as that is 33 years ago. So to say that there could be a repeat of what happened back in 1976 is not only silly but is scaremongering.

The H1N1 Vaccine has been tested to the same extent as the Flu Vaccine which is issued each year.

I know when I am offered this Vaccine I will take the offer up without any hesitation.
    10 weeks have passed since the article: hardly enough time for proper testing at all, especially as batches of vaccine were prepared quite some time ago.

You can NOT go by what someone one says about a Outbreak back in 1976 as that is 33 years ago. So to say that there could be a repeat of what happened back in 1976 is not only silly but is scaremongering.
    Who are you accusing of scaremongering? The person I quoted, I suppose?

There is no vaccine for a virus.[/I]
    Huh? I may be wrong but most of he vaccines we have are for viruses.
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

So when you say there in no vaccine for a Virus this is total nonsence.

Such diseases are eradicated primarily by better hygiene and by a diet which strengthens the immune system, not by vaccination. In my haste to reply, I used an incorrect phrase, as you pointed out.

Perhaps you would care to list for us some of the ingredients in the then (and probably still) untested H1N1 vaccine, please?

Such diseases are eradicated primarily by better hygiene and by a diet which strengthens the immune system, not by vaccination.
    Can you reference this statement for me please ?

Quote Originally Posted by DOCTOR View Post
    Can you reference this statement for me please ?

Certainly -

http://chetday.com/naturalhygienesmallpox.htm

Do you have any other references ... I clicked on your link and a pop up from the author offering a cure from outer space leaves me a bit sceptical.

Having said that diet and a healthy lifestyle has helped all of us to live longer and survive diseases that would have killed earlier generations that does not mean that vaccines have not played a very important roll.

Such diseases are eradicated primarily by better hygiene and by a diet which strengthens the immune system, not by vaccination.
    Thats poppy-noodle! I have an improvised immune system, no diet or any amount of hygiene has ever helped! Yes i am hygenic. Im an obsessive hand washer too. Diet is not that bad, im a woman so like my chocolate once in a while or whatever.

But on the other hand no vaccine has ever helped either. Maybe thats me as an individual but you cant back up both with FACT. Because i am fact sittin right here typind.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Do you have any other references ... I clicked on your link and a pop up from the author offering a cure from outer space leaves me a bit sceptical.
    You only have cause for concern over what is written in the article, not from any pop up. When you have taken the time to read the article, then let me know what you agree with in it and what you disagree with, such that we can debate those points (with more references, as appropriate).

Im afraid the reference you have given is not an authenticated reference accepted in evidence proven medical community.

In simple terms it means the claims made are just claims, without any scientific proof. It is a hypothesis which they are trying to prove. Im afraid to prove a hypothesis true you need to back it up with proper scientific proven evidence.

Any new kid on the block of medical research will tear your given reference apart.

You only have cause for concern over what is written in the article, not from any pop up. When you have taken the time to read the article, then let me know what you agree with in it and what you disagree with, such that we can debate those points (with more references, as appropriate).

I have commented on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, which I agree with. The pop up I refer to is from the creator of the site and reflects the beliefs of the owner which you are buying into when you read the article as well.
    The author is a chiropractor is hardly an expert on Viruses and infectious diseases. No references to many if not all of her claims that more people were killed by the virus than got small pox.
    To I think better sanitation and a healthier lifestyle are helping us live longer? Yes. Do I think many more people would survive the serious disease of the past if they were alive today - yes. Do I think vaccines play an important roll in that whole process? Yes.

Other than that the article does not really substantiate its statements so isn't really worth commenting on beyond what I have already done I'm afraid.

Im afraid the reference you have given is not an authenticated reference accepted in evidence proven medical community.

In simple terms it means the claims made are just claims, without any scientific proof. It is a hypothesis which they are trying to prove. Im afraid to prove a hypothesis true you need to back it up with proper scientific proven evidence.

Any new kid on the block of medical research will tear your given reference apart.
    Sock it to em doc!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

That Chet Day web site is utter quackery. The ludicrous statement at the bottom of the page that she "was the first person to make the public aware of the dangers of ionizing radiation through the many articles she authored on this subject" pretty much sums it up. I'm sure the late Prof Marie Curie, who died decades before from the effects of ionizing radiation, would have something to say about that claim. The whole page is complete hogwash.

Well of course they will, in your opinion. You see, to get anywhere in the medical profession, one has to tow the line. Medical "research" is funded by the same people who own the "research journals" - international pharmaceutical companies - the same people who create the vaccines, the drugs and ... the bugs in the first place.

Our other contributor has not listed the components of the H1N1 vaccine being advocated for pregnant women, so perhaps you would care to list them instead?

Each ingredient and its source, please.

Medical "research" is funded by the same people who own the "research journals" - international pharmaceutical companies -
    BZZZZT! Wrong. The medical journals are owned by publishers or by professional associations.

...the same people who create the vaccines, the drugs and ... the bugs in the first place.
    Now you're displaying symptoms of paranoia. You really think the pharma companies *create* diseases? When we're up to our neck in diseases provided by Mother Nature in the first place? Big Pharma has many crimes of both omission and commission to answer for, but that's not one of them.

Don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but this virus was always about, just not in such a media hyped up form.

This is quite a convenient way for the credit crunch to dissapear out the news with all the hype over swine flu eh?

Swine flu exists,its not a conspiracy.It has nothing to do with governments,scientists,laser screwdrivers.If ye fear diseases then pick up yer medical dictionary and see how many ye think ye have.If ye don't then live life to the full.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast