Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Night garden raiders

Angry Night garden raiders

I'm looking for ways to stop the night theft of my garden plants. Security lights only seem to let them see which ones they want. Our dog I'm sure is very obliging and helps the intruder dig them out so come on help me out with suggestions to save MY plants.

A mine field?

Get a video recorder camera and catch them at it, hide broken glass around the plants.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lanskee17 View Post
    I'm looking for ways to stop the night theft of my garden plants. Security lights only seem to let them see which ones they want. Our dog I'm sure is very obliging and helps the intruder dig them out so come on help me out with suggestions to save MY plants.
    I think we might have to have a wee bit more info on your problems.
    Like, exactly what are the circumstances of these night raids, and which plants are being targetted?
    Is it human or animal raiders?
    Or maybe you should lay off the Fosters and sit on the verandah with a shotgun!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    I think we might have to have a wee bit more info on your problems.
    Like, exactly what are the circumstances of these night raids, and which plants are being targetted?
    Is it human or animal raiders?
    Or maybe you should lay off the Fosters and sit on the verandah with a shotgun!
    Not animals unless they have learnt to drive a car. My loved bromeliads so far are the targetted plants.....they are worth a bit at the markets. We have a dumb law here that we cannot hurt the offender even if they are trespassing or we are in more trouble from the law than they are so broken glass is out of the question. Good idea though. A mine field may be just a bit messy....

Default Garden Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Lanskee17 View Post

You could always move to Wick.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    You could always move to Wick.
    where nobody is stupid enough to put plants in there garden in the first place