Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: bad night at work

Default bad night at work

i have just had the worst night at my work ever! i managed a multitude of mishaps all in the last hour. probably won't mean much to anyone but basically i fell out with the paypoint machine bigtime, lost my swipe card for signing on my till (still lost) and then when i tried to answer the phone when my boss was phoning (presumably to give me huge row) i managed to break that aswell. i then tried to use the other phone to phone back but it wasn't working either... boss ended up coming into the shop. i never got in trouble but now i feel guilty about all the mayhem i caused. bad bad night.

Awe, never mind just write it down to experience and be glad it's over.....we all can have bad at times....it's past so put it out of your mind. By this time next week it will be forgotten.

Everybody has their bad days so dont feel alone! I remember one day at work i was in such a bad mood i just could not wait til 5pm to log off and go home, i got a call at 4.59pm and was not pleased! Luckily the caller wanted to speak to a manager anyway so when i was "storming" off to get a manager i forgot to take my headset off, my phone and my pc came with me!

But hey, that fair cheered me up!

Just relax for a while, put your feet up and enjoy the rest of your evening. Things can only get better!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

i know it's silly worryin about it now it's done but we all got warned the other night about that stupid machine as there have been problems with money not adding up etc. now with me making such a huge bloop it'll look like all the other times were me aswell grrrr. surely because i held my hands up and didn't try to hide it will work in my favour. i am usually pretty good at my job and confident at it but now i feel a bit sheepish and sorry for myself. what a choob i am. don't think it'll be forgotten quickly, i have a feeling i may have to explain myself a few more times aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Awe, never mind just write it down to experience and be glad it's over.....we all can have bad at times....it's past so put it out of your mind. By this time next week it will be forgotten.
    Not where I work it isn't.

I slept in last Thursday, was an hour late for work, and in my haste to get the plant running I input the wrong code, (1 digit wrong), to pc. The end result was a road crew having to move machinery 3 miles along the road to lay 240 tons of 28mm base material instead 20mm sub-base. If they hadn't been so co-operative then I was in line for a £40,000 kick up the arse.

Now Jox that I would pay money to have seen.................

oh dear! glad that wasn't me i'd have had a major panic attack (don't actually suffer from them ha ha) well thanx u've helped me put my rubbish night into perspective. at least i don't have a majorly important job, i only work in a corner shop, could've been a surgeon and actually been responsible for someones life.. scary!

Quote Originally Posted by mumof2 View Post
    oh dear! glad that wasn't me i'd have had a major panic attack (don't actually suffer from them ha ha) well thanx u've helped me put my rubbish night into perspective. at least i don't have a majorly important job, i only work in a corner shop, could've been a surgeon and actually been responsible for someones life.. scary!
    Dont feel un-important. Every job is important, hence why there are people picked to do them. I worked in the shoe shop with my mum, some might say i worked in the shoe shop, but i felt important because i was fitting shoes properly to a childs feet. So....think about it this way, your making sure people have their groceries by turning up for work and being there!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

i know it's silly worryin about it now it's done but we all got warned the other night about that stupid machine as there have been problems with money not adding up etc. now with me making such a huge bloop it'll look like all the other times were me aswell grrrr. surely because i held my hands up and didn't try to hide it will work in my favour. i am usually pretty good at my job and confident at it but now i feel a bit sheepish and sorry for myself. what a choob i am. don't think it'll be forgotten quickly, i have a feeling i may have to explain myself a few more times aswell.
    Aww...hope today is a better one for u.

thanx all i'm now back to normal on the work front!

thanx all i'm now back to normal on the work front!
    Glad to hear it!

I was having an off day yesterday!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

there must be something in the water ha ha. well u'll no doubt recover same as me, chin up.

there must be something in the water ha ha. well u'll no doubt recover same as me, chin up.
    Oh yeah i did! The icing on the cake was the cat eating my dinner! I was so upset i refused to eat for the rest of the night and that was the first meal i had of the day too!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!