Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Cot Mattresses

Default Cot Mattresses

Anyone have any advice on the way to go ?

Toying between organic mattress and pocket spring - anyone got any advice or where I can find a good guide....can see plenty of descriptors but no decent comparisins (for the life of me I can't make the word look as if I have spelt it correctly).

I did not know there was so many different types! Lol! I just got Athrun the hypo-allergenic mattress. It is water-proof (stop baby spew and sweat making it smell) and is wipe clean too.

Think his is just a mamas and papas one, bout £30 ish?

To me it seems like a fine mattress. Does the job and doesnt loose its shape either!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

http://www.mothercare.com/b/20626503...31?n=206464031

This is the one I would thourougly recommend! My daughter had this one on her cot bed from birth until she was 6 and it was fantastic it still looked as good as new when we packed it away! It has a removable top layer that can be put in the machine incase of wee accidents and it has a waterproof layer underneath so it doesnt get stained and can be wiped clean.

It is a bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion!! Good luck in your choice...

i get 12 different mattresses when I follow your link ..... which one is it specifically?

The one i'm thinking about is from John Lewis (becase I have some vouchers and that's where i'm taking the cot from) It's an organic one...but I haven't found anywhere that actually reassures me that this is any better for baby than spring one??

If I was picking again, I'd go organic. I read a theory (completely unsubstanciated) that cot deaths were caused by the chemicals that mattresses were made/sprayed with, and their wee bodies just couldn't cope like adults could. Hence the lying on the back thing. It's just something I read on the internet and it could be nonsense, but I would def. go organic if I had the choice. Maybe I'm easy taken in

well snow I wondered if there was any connection with cot death - but couldn't find any evidence.....

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    i get 12 different mattresses when I follow your link ..... which one is it specifically?
    Sorry I should have been more specific! I think they are all the same mattress but with different sizes.