Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fox Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I don't think animal rights groups give money to the Labour party but I do know that rich landowners are giving money to the Tories to bring hunting back?

sorry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-policies.html
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Talking

I don't think animal rights groups give money to the Labour party but I do know that rich landowners are giving money to the Tories to bring hunting back?
    It is a matter of public record that P.A.L. (Political Animal Lobby) made the following donations to New Liebour :

1997 - £1,000,000 (£1 Million Pounds)
    1997 - £100,000 (One Hundred Thousand Pounds)
    2001 - £30,000 (Thirty Thousand Pounds)

Of course New Liebour and their apologists have always worked on the basis that if we tell the same lies often enough then at least some of the gullible public will start to believe us.

Weapons of Mass Destruction anyone ? Bernie Ecclestone's £1 Million anyone ?. Mandelslime's mortgage anyone ?. Referendum on Europe anyone ? Educassion educassion educassion anyone ?
    The gap between (Rich) and poor in the UK is greater now than at any time since the 1940's anyone ?.

Can we have facts about these (Rich) landowners please

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    It is a matter of public record that P.A.L. (Political Animal Lobby) made the following donations to New Liebour :

Of course New Liebour and their apologists have always worked on the basis that if we tell the same lies often enough then at least some of the gullible public will start to believe us.

Weapons of Mass Destruction anyone ? Bernie Ecclestone's £1 Million anyone ?. Mandelslime's mortgage anyone ?. Referendum on Europe anyone ? Educassion educassion educassion anyone ?
    The gap between (Rich) and poor in the UK is greater now than at any time since the 1940's anyone ?.

Can we have facts about these (Rich) landowners please

I think your last 3-4 paragraphs are the reason why I will not be voting for new labour nor the con's for obvious reasons, now UKIP there's something to get me excited about. As for the lib dems, what. Snp, the breakup of the UK to me is not an option so a no to them which is a pity because they do fight Scotland's corner well..

I'm not a Tory, I'm certainly not wealthy, I do not come from a family with a 'name' or any percieved standing in the community. Yet I have shot, fished and hunted in the past.

Can someone explain to me why I am being labelled as a 'Toff' by some dimwitted types every time hunting is brought up?
    Like I said earlier, a lot of this anti-hunting claptrap is nothing more than inverted snobbery from political dinosaurs who still believe in some 'class war' horseshit and people who can't hack the fact that some folk may own a patch of land and drive a fairly expensive motor.

Usually the same brainless prats who believe all farmers are 'rich' and that owning a £35k tractor is somehow a luxury. Funny that, I never hear people making snide remarks on the fact that, say, an engineering firm has just spent £35k on a CNC milling machine. Yet you don't have to go far in these septic isles to find some snide little git stabbing someone in the back purely because they own land and can afford to buy expensive kit.

Gits.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    I, now UKIP there's something to get me excited about. ..
    UKIP is just as bad as any of the other parties it seems, they all have their snouts in the trough

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...n-victory.html
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by MrsK View Post
    I'm not a Tory, I'm certainly not wealthy, I do not come from a family with a 'name' or any percieved standing in the community. Yet I have shot, fished and hunted in the past.

Can someone explain to me why I am being labelled as a 'Toff' by some dimwitted types every time hunting is brought up?
    Like I said earlier, a lot of this anti-hunting claptrap is nothing more than inverted snobbery from political dinosaurs who still believe in some 'class war' horseshit and people who can't hack the fact that some folk may own a patch of land and drive a fairly expensive motor.

Usually the same brainless prats who believe all farmers are 'rich' and that owning a £35k tractor is somehow a luxury. Funny that, I never hear people making snide remarks on the fact that, say, an engineering firm has just spent £35k on a CNC milling machine. Yet you don't have to go far in these septic isles to find some snide little git stabbing someone in the back purely because they own land and can afford to buy expensive kit.

Gits.
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz.

It is a matter of record that these donations (all accusations made public by pro hunting websites without proper confirmation by the way) were a long time ago, hardly bankrolling the Labour Party! And they were made well before political funding reform was passed.....by the Labour Party I might add.....

Is that all you got?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 20-Oct-09 at 12:49.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Talking

It is a matter of record that these donations (all accusations made public by pro hunting websites without proper confirmation by the way) were a long time ago, hardly bankrolling the Labour Party! And they were made well before political funding reform was passed.....by the Labour Party I might add.....

Is that all you got?
    Theres lots more where that came from !
    These 'accusations' are fact according to Liebour Party records but then thay were never very good at keeping records ?.
    Are you saying that these donations are not factual ?

Now what about these donations to the bad Tories from 'Rich' landowners - give us some facts or accusations on that.

Theres lots more where that came from!
    Of that I've no doubt...

Talking

Of that I've no doubt...
    Yes Indeed - Weapons of Mass Destruction pointed at 'rich' landowners.

Yes Indeed - Weapons of Mass Destruction pointed at 'rich' landowners.
    As a digression, the Conservatives (the toffy party) were the ones that bought the Trident system from the US for billions, the Labour party would have scrapped it before it got into service and put the money to other uses. I have no doubt that the tories will be all for another upgrade to the present system.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 20-Oct-09 at 13:12.

Talking

Come on now Rheg, do not digress - can you not spill the beans about these rich landowners and their pro fox hunting donations ?.

You made the statement so is it not put up or shut up time ?

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    UKIP is just as bad as any of the other parties it seems, they all have their snouts in the trough

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...n-victory.html
    That might be so, but its the idea of ditching the EEC and getting more in touch with the Commonwealth countries again for trading, being able to govern our UK without the hindrance of eec directives and the likes I the sound of.

Default fox for dinner!

Here is an excellent recipe for fox which proves Oscar Wilde to be completely wrong - fox is highly edible. And after you've eaten your fill and are contentedly burping will you please leave RICH alone!!!!! (as in the Rich landlords. Othewise I will have to set the dogs on you!)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle2049184.ece
    Richard Sutherland

Come on now Rheg, do not digress - can you not spill the beans about these rich landowners and their pro fox hunting donations ?.

You made the statement so is it not put up or shut up time ?
    Frankly I'm not that interested in politics, I'm just interested in what is morally right to everything around me, if it is a toss up between a load of folks campaigning selflessly to stop cruelty and injustice and that of a load of privileged few who love to see cruelty being done then there is no contest. I've got my opinion and I'm happy with that until proven wrong.

Smile

So your statement about (Rich) landowners is purely your opinion with no basis in fact ?

So your statement about (Rich) landowners is purely your opinion with no basis in fact ?
    It's an opinion based on facts that I can't be bothered to post on here. Care to help me out there, good fellow?

Talking

Make your mind up Rheggers old chaps - either pee or get off the pot as my Toff (Rich) chums would say

Make your mind up Rheggers old chaps - either pee or get off the pot as my Toff (Rich) chums would say
    What make my mind up to be bothered is what you mean?

I'm kind of puzzled by John Thurso's stance here. His late father and his game keepers brought me up to consider that the only good fox was a dead fox and that was usually carried out very effectively with a shotgun or rifle.

So, back in the sixties when I found myself working for another toff in the deep south and on an estate shoot when Reynard emerged from the drive at the end of a wood Alltnabreac training promptly kicked in and one dead fox joined the pheasants and other game. It was a social blunder of the deepest magnitude which was hastily covered up in case word should get out to the local hunt members and I was appraised of the more civilised way our southern cousins disposed of their vermin.

Incidentally it is complete garbage to mantain that fox numbers can only be controlled by hunting, just send a few keepers from Caithness south to show them the alternatives.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast