Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Fox Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Looks like there's a few ruffled feathers on here.....must be a fox about

MrsK has put up no insult, if people do not understand the meaning of a certain word, then it is hardly fair to berate the person using it, is it?
    What about 'Gits'?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    What about 'Gits'?
    My comment was regarding 'Ignoramus' as it was directed a person. I believe the 'gits' comments were just general and singled no individual out.

Anyway, I don't really care either way - too many fragile Egos on here for my liking, Tubs.
    Give 'em a bit of stick and they burst into tears and become 'offended' rather than slug it out.....

...Gits

Talking

My comment was regarding 'Ignoramus' as it was directed a person. I believe the 'gits' comments were just general and singled no individual out.

Anyway, I don't really care either way - too many fragile Egos on here for my liking, Tubs.
    Give 'em a bit of stick and they burst into tears and become 'offended' rather than slug it out.....

...Gits
    The 'offended' bit comes in to play when as MrsK implies they have no facts to back up their prejudices.

Thank u to those who have given support........I have nothing more to say on this...the fox hunting thread is lost now .Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by binbob View Post
    thank u to those who have given support........i have nothing more to say on this...the fox hunting thread is lost now .each to their own.
    qed ............

It has been proved................

Talking

I have no problem with people being anti-foxhunting, but it's suprising how many times references to perceived wealth and status are chucked in by the Anti mob. More to do with social division and plebs having a chip on their shoulder about money and land, methinks, rather than being 'onside' with Reynard.....

BTW 'Ignoramus' isn't an insult, it's a perfectly acceptable way of describing someone who talks about a subject upon which they have little, or ill-informed, knowledge. If you speak from a position of ignorance - you are an Ignoramus. Fact.

MrsK has put up no insult, if people do not understand the meaning of a certain word, then it is hardly fair to berate the person using it, is it?
    Very well put Northerner - thats what I would like to have said but I doubt if I have the language skills.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. All this agro and personal insults, you lot should be ashamed of yourselves. Why can't you all just agree to disagree and keep the org nice and friendly and cuddly and fluffy. This medication I'm on is making me all nicey, nicey, not many doses left though!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    Thank u to those who have given support........I have nothing more to say on this....Each to their own.

Typical usual response.

I posted earlier about foxes going into towns for 'easy pickings' - as opposed to loss of habitat in the country - here's a bit I've copied from the excellent 'Wildlifeonline' web page regarding urban foxes that gives the real reason, fascinating:

Interaction with Humans: Foxes began living in our cities after World War I; a response (many people consider) to a change in people’s lifestyles. Stephen Harris and Phil Baker at Bristol University consider that the most likely "cause" of urban foxes was the development of once rural land after the First World War; land was built upon and, rather than moving, the foxes adapted to their new surroundings. It even seems that urban foxes are very choosey about where they live, seemingly shunning rented properties and heavy industrialized areas in favour of middle-class residential areas, with a particular penchant for suburbs with owner-occupied housing. Although foxes probably began to be noticed in our towns and cities after World War I, it wasn't until after World War II that they became commonplace

The linky for the whole page is here: http://www.wildlifeonline.me.uk/red_fox.html

Everything you ever wanted to know about foxes.

Talking

. It even seems that urban foxes are very choosey about where they live, seemingly shunning rented properties and heavy industrialized areas in favour of middle-class residential areas, with a particular penchant for suburbs with owner-occupied housing.
    So it seems Mr Fox is also aware of the 'class divide' and wants nothing to do with these city plebs, and who can blame him.

Better the remains of a Fortnum's hamper in the bin than whats left of a greasy peh supper, what ?

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    So it seems Mr Fox is also aware of the 'class divide' and wants nothing to do with these city plebs, and who can blame him.

Better the remains of a Fortnum's hamper in the bin than whats left of a greasy peh supper, what ?
    ROTFL
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    rotfl
    ??????? Rotfl??????

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post

Absolutely.

There's a link on the left-hand side of that page that goes to a page about hunting. The guy is anti-foxhunting, but he speaks logically and without some of the 'fluffy' emotion that seems to boil up when this topic is discussed (hunting that is, not scoffing whats left of the caviar and truffles out of the hamper). He's got his head screwed on and makes for interesting reading.

He mentioned a 'Fox Survey' due to be published in 2005...I'm off to see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppellin View Post
    ??????? Rotfl??????
    "Roll On The Floor Laughing"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456