Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: anyone fancy going greenlaneing on trail bikes

Default anyone fancy going greenlaneing on trail bikes

hi just wondered if anyone fancies going trail bike runs at the weekends I know afew trails but could do with meeting with afew others maybe head up West.

Default Trails

my mate and me headed up west a couple oh weeks ago till Strathy Bothy a good run, Im offshore at the mo will let you know when Im home if you fancy a run

Is this trailering offroad bikes west or road legal ones riding out west to the trails ?
    Where's Strathy bothy ? East Strathy track ?

Nope no thanks:-)
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

Trail bikes not trial bikes mine is road legal, Strathy bothy is just before the loch about 12 miles up the east road

Default trail bike runs

Are you suggesting full offroad runs or riding on existing forrest roads / tracks ,The problem is that without permission from the land owner you are sure to attract unwanted attention especially the more bikes that turn up, Believe me I have ridden offroad all over caithness and sutherland, sometimes with but mostly without permission which is very difficult to get. I have on occasions been met with prejudice from land owners and now avoid other persons when offroad . I am sure that they are not waving at me to tell me I am welcome. I am interested in your proposal but it would need to be limited numbers unless land owner permission was granted. I look forward to other comments.

Default trail bikes

been out last two weekends got permission both times Just went and asked land owners 1st. Knocked their door showed them my bike ask if i could use their acess roads or tails. Told them am not into high speed raceing and my bike was road legal. One farmer stoped me on my way back just to ask how i got on.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyplucker View Post
    Are you suggesting full offroad runs or riding on existing forrest roads / tracks ,The problem is that without permission from the land owner you are sure to attract unwanted attention especially the more bikes that turn up, Believe me I have ridden offroad all over caithness and sutherland, sometimes with but mostly without permission which is very difficult to get. I have on occasions been met with prejudice from land owners and now avoid other persons when offroad . I am sure that they are not waving at me to tell me I am welcome. I am interested in your proposal but it would need to be limited numbers unless land owner permission was granted. I look forward to other comments.
    Wasnt my intention to race along forest roads in packs of 4 or more on Motocrossers. Just thought it would be good two or three bikes Trecking up some hills takeing afew fotos and chilling out. And safer haveing someone with me just in case of a breakdown.

Default trail bike runs

This is exactly what i used to do before my pal sold his enduro, Going far offroad is a bit risky on your own so I had so be sensible and behave myself. But now there is interest from others I may well put my enduro wheels back on the bike and give you a shout, Cheers.

This is a link to the outdoor access site which has a part on offroad vehicles so you know your rights. http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.co...?PageRef=1.4.4 The forest road is great round loch more over to helmsdale strath road or i use the forest road that goes over BLINGERY TO CAMSTER ROAD and the Camster to A99 on the cycle path which you never see anybody on both are about 5 to 6 miles long.

Default Offroad

Im interested guys just let me get some knobbly tyres and my rear rack sorted for carrying an extra petrol can and will give you a shout.