Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curry king restaurant, Bridge Street, Wick. (merged threads)

My son order a donner Kebab. Paid for it with £10 note and only got £1.50 change. Whan he queried his change Mohammed told him that he couldnt have given him the wrong change as he had not order anything. He argued, along with his mate and another customer who was in the premises at the time, but he would not admit a mistake had been made, and ultimately my son got no Donner kebab and he didnt get his money back either. He was TOTALLY RIPPED OFF to the tune of £8.50. A lot of money for a 15 yr old. An he had no dinner either.

This also happened to one of my brothers pals, ordered a pizza.. paid for it and still waiting for it!!

It seems to me that Mohammed thinks that he can get away with doing this to these young lads. But I for 1 and not impressed at all. Something needs to be done about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    I was taking the mick , light hearted with you Lybster Lad, hence the wink & the laughing smilie. SSK tiling is not my Mum, its my mum in law - Mrs Amy recommended her once & I did the other time as she did an excellent job in my house or I wouldnt recommended her.
    No need to throw your toys out the pram , just because the sense of humour bus passed you & you got aboard the offended bus ,why?
    Cant you laugh at yourself?
    You have posted on the all the Balti/curry king threads lately, I merely asked with tongue in cheek if you worked there- not to be nasty to you. Why you taking offence??

MR Winehouse
    mum - mum in law close enough, not taking offence only pointing out fact, thought this was a recommendation page not a mick taking page no offence taken,sense of humour bus hasnt passed me by obvously different sence of humour or different bus from you Mr Winehouse

Quote Originally Posted by lybsterlad View Post
    mum - mum in law close enough, not taking offence only pointing out fact, thought this was a recommendation page not a mick taking page no offence taken,sense of humour bus hasnt passed me by obvously different sence of humour or different bus from you Mr Winehouse

We have a joke section you know lybsterlad if you need to find your humour
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by lybsterlad View Post
    It started off in the General section when I first posted on the second thread, NOT in the recommendation section.

As fo ssk tiling thanks for helping promote Carol`s business LybsterLad very good of you
    Cmey e Scorries

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by superceltic View Post
    Mohammed was locked out of last premises (not evicted) by Nazeer and was unable to collect personal belonging, kitchen equipment etc for legal reasons cannot divulge any more information. Mohammed signed lease on new premises two weeks before he was locked out of balti, all his staff from balti have moved to his new premises chef etc
    So is whoever Naceer is, opening a takeaway as well? The town must be full of them will have to go into town one of these days, no shops e.i., ironmongers or the likes, just Indian and Chinese restaurants by the theme on Caithness .Org. Is Thurso the same?

Had a curry from there which was nice but the chicken pakora was vile as were the chips. It seems to me that the curry chef is good but the fryer chef needs some re-training! The Balti house on the other hand makes lovely pakora which was dry and not greasy but curry needs tweaking.
    The pakora from curry king was very close to being "off" and tasted of flour and not gram, shame as the curry is good

Quote Originally Posted by catran View Post
    So is whoever Naceer is, opening a takeaway as well? The town must be full of them will have to go into town one of these days, no shops e.i., ironmongers or the likes, just Indian and Chinese restaurants by the theme on Caithness .Org. Is Thurso the same?
    Thats Bout All Thats In Wick Bridge St n High Street...
    Chinese Or Indian Take-aways!!!
    Madness We Do Not Need Anymore!!

Passed Curry King Tonite In The Car & It Was Busy... People Standin Waitin For Take-Aways.. Seen a Few People Goin In Aswell..
    Does Mohammed Have The Staff That Was In The Caledonian Restaurant?

I went to Curry king on sun night and sad to say i was disappointed my partner got a pizza and I had a curry. The pizza was disgusting I had 1 bite and spat it back out and my curry was nothing to talk about very disappointed I always loved K2 but sadly now have to go to Spice Tandoori but its a pain as they have a £10 min order which makes alot of food for 1 person. bring back K2. Though it would be nice to see a different takaway than just indian and chinese I know theres chips shops but I don't think any are open after 8

Default k2

hi i have to say i agree withzzzzzzpost

Can't bear Mohammeds' chilli sauce, though. i'd eat a boot if it were coated in that.

Actually, thinking about it........

Default Waste of money

Tried a takeout the other night and the lot went in the bin!
    Ordered a dansak, rice, naan, chefs special naan kebab, scampi and chips and a large chips.
    The curry was inedible as it was laced with mace and left a horrible taste in your mouth, the kebab wasn't much better, it ended up that we had to scrape off the meat and just eat the naan and they forgot the rest of the order!
    Certainly won't be trying it again - I'll stick to Shelina Spice in future!

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Can't bear Mohammeds' chilli sauce, though. i'd eat a boot if it were coated in that.

Actually, thinking about it........
    I'm quoting myself, I know....

...but I meant to say " Can't beaT Mohammeds' chilli sauce"

Lysdexic umppet

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybiscuits03 View Post
    Tried a takeout the other night and the lot went in the bin!
    Ordered a dansak, rice, naan, chefs special naan kebab, scampi and chips and a large chips.
    The curry was inedible as it was laced with mace and left a horrible taste in your mouth, the kebab wasn't much better, it ended up that we had to scrape off the meat and just eat the naan and they forgot the rest of the order!
    Certainly won't be trying it again - I'll stick to Shelina Spice in future!
    I can never understand folk who buy things like "scampi and chips " from an indians. Defeats the purpose going to an indian. In my opinion like.

In response to:
    I can never understand folk who buy things like "scampi and chips " from an indians. Defeats the purpose going to an indian. In my opinion like.

The reason for buying the scampi was to feed my 6 year old - she still needed to be fed and she isn't a big fan of curry! I wasn't likely to go to the chippy as well when I could get it all from one place now was I?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybiscuits03 View Post
    In response to:

The reason for buying the scampi was to feed my 6 year old - she still needed to be fed and she isn't a big fan of curry! I wasn't likely to go to the chippy as well when I could get it all from one place now was I?

Fair dues. point taken.

Default Phone number

Quote Originally Posted by superceltic View Post
    Curry King restaurant is now open 7 days a week from 4pm.location 15 Bridge st, Wick, Tel 606117
    Has anyone got the phone number for the Curry King please as I thought I might give it a shot tonight, the above number rings dead.

Thanks in advance.

KM
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Has anyone got the phone number for the Curry King please as I thought I might give it a shot tonight, the above number rings dead.

Thanks in advance.

KM
    telephone number 01955 606117, thats right number just telephoned it myself short while ago

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast