Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windows & doors

arent you going to recommend me as a decorator liz BOOM!

Demolition work maybe Upolian!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Demolition work maybe Upolian!
    i could use this method on your car with polish

Step away from the car!!

Default Windows and doors

Had a very bad experience with Everest, the windows were not the problem their administration was dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Step away from the car!!
    my business could go out with a bang

Quote Originally Posted by upolian View Post
    my business could go out with a bang
    Nooooooooooooooo chance!!

Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl View Post
    I had a extremely bad experiance with cairngorm. They installed all new windows and doors. 6 out of 9 of our new windows were drafty and whistled when it got windy.
    They came out numerous of times and fiddled with them, told me they were fixed but as soon as the wind got up again they would start to whistle again!
    After what feels like ages the windows seem to be ok for now...But - now my door wont close properly!
    If you push it like you would with any other door it dosn't close properly - it just bounces back! It wont lock anymore either. I dont know much about these things but to look at the door i would say the frame is twisted.
    My OH is not here during the week and i hate the fact that i cant lock the door at night when i'm in the house by myself!
    I've been in contact with Cairngorm and i'm STILL waiting for an engineer to phone me and sort out an appointment to come fix my door. I said it was an emergancy but it's not been treated as one.

We paid alot of money for new windows and doors, and have had nothing but trouble since they were put in.

I know some people are delighted with the work Cairngorm has done, Maybe I'm just the unlucky one....

I would just like to tell you the tale of my wonderful ,buider,Robbie Burns.

Last Saturday evening,I came in from next door neighbours,went to let dogs out through back door............TOTALLY jammed.
    Unsure of what to do.......then thought ,only option is to try Robbie,I have been in my new house for just over 2 years now............called him,he and son Graeme were here within TEN minutes.

they both managed to find the problem[broken bit in lock],put the door together ,enabling me to lock/unlock as needed.
    They arrived wednesday afternoon,put new lock on ,all sorted now.
    How wonderful is that??
    This is not the first time they have rushed to my rescue.........so all I can say is Thank u,Robbie and Graeme.First class all the way.

Default everest

had everest here tonite for quote any feedback would be great

Default windows

county joiners do windows ect, they have a show room in baroghill street, wick, they are great joiners and are good at matching prices.

much cheaper than sinclair windows.
    LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

We have cairngorm coming in 2 weeks time to install french doors in the lounge. The only problem we had arranging for this to be done was with the salesman at the time - he kept fobbing us off! Needless to say he is no longer with the company. We also got cairngorm to instal windows and patio doors when we bought this house about 4 years ago. When we lived in the town we had all our windows replaced by them and got patio doors put in as well. Been well pleased with all the work they have done for us over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderblue2 View Post
    We used C R Smith a few years ago - I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy
    CR Smith no longer operate this far north now.

Default lucky you!!

Quote Originally Posted by doyle View Post
    We have cairngorm coming in 2 weeks time to install french doors in the lounge. The only problem we had arranging for this to be done was with the salesman at the time - he kept fobbing us off! Needless to say he is no longer with the company. We also got cairngorm to instal windows and patio doors when we bought this house about 4 years ago. When we lived in the town we had all our windows replaced by them and got patio doors put in as well. Been well pleased with all the work they have done for us over the years.
    You are pleased with Cairngorm Windows what can I say other than you have been lucky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12