Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dental bridge

We were even invited out for a meal with him and his family after. Thats service, also when you are in the waiting room he asks if you want a cold drink and offers coke fanta etc
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

in a square thing made of bricks. Oh, it's called a house! lol

I haven't been on here for......don't know how long!

I got my first bridge done when I was 16, thankfully on the NHS. There was no wait to get it done, as the teeth had to be removed due to abcesses. (2 front lower teeth). I first had a plate made, but it kept snapping (I played about with it too much lol). The bridge didn't stay in for long either, as I have quite small teeth, and there wasn't enough left of the teeth at the sides for the bridge to stay cemented firmly to.

I went about for a few years with no front lower teeth, and 2 'fangs'!!! I eventually went back to a dentist, and had to get the next 2 teeth on either side prepared for the bridge to be cemented to. Again, it was on the NHS, I was pregnant at the time, so got it for free This bridge has stayed in place ever since. There are 6 teeth on the bridge, but only 2 are for actually replacing teeth.

I was told (last time, several years ago) that the price was around £300 per tooth if I'd had to have paid for them. This cost is probably more likely to be around £300-£500 per tooth these days. Not bad then - I have around £1800 to £3000 worth of teeth! if I had to get a new one now, I think I'd have to go abroad as I really couldn't afford to get that done these days.

As for the treatment; I don't remember it being any worse than getting my recent crown done. Uncomfortable, hated the injections, felt ever so odd having the crown, but now it feel a proper part of my mouth. I guess how the treatment goes will depend on your dentist and how much you like or hate dental treatment? But certainly worth getting done to improve the look of your set of teeth (they look very natural normally) and also to prevent further complications if you didn't get it done.

I'd quite like ALL my teeth crowned or bridged now! And hey guys, that's coming from someone who is terrified of going to the dentist!!!

Default Dental Bridge

Ive been told the best treatment for a front tooth would be an implant which would cost £6000 - yes £6000 - not had it done.

Quote Originally Posted by wkgeorge View Post
    Ive been told the best treatment for a front tooth would be an implant which would cost £6000 - yes £6000 - not had it done.
    Way to expensive...I have read about other cheaper costs,but not for me.

Well...been to dentist...am biting the bullet and going to have a bridge done...est. cost £ 720.....plus another ,almost £ 300 for other bits/bobs.

I will be glad to rid of my irritating milk tooth,though...being extracted next week.

Default dentist

I think I can beat that one withan estimate for £740.00 that I got today, where do they get their prices ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats nearly a mths wages to them in an hour. GRR
    n/a

Yikes, they're much cheaper over here. I have several and was really pleased with the process.

I attend a dentist in Dingwall and he has quoted me around £1,000 for an implant that was one year ago. I wouldnt think his prices will have shot up to anywhere near that price.

Personally I would never go on a "dental holiday"! What if you get some bridge work done, fly home and then problems occur?
    In the end you always get what you pay for...

Are these prices through NHS or private can anyone tell me? I just got into the Golspie practice NHS - first dentist I've had for 17 years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragdollyanna View Post
    Are these prices through NHS or private can anyone tell me? I just got into the Golspie practice NHS - first dentist I've had for 17 years!!!
    They are private and as far as I know the maximum amount payable as a NHS patient is £ 372..........u are very lucky,make good use of it.Good luck.

Thanks Binbob, now that I've found her, I'm never letting her go!!! I'm going to be the model dental patient!

Quote Originally Posted by ragdollyanna View Post
    Thanks Binbob, now that I've found her, I'm never letting her go!!! I'm going to be the model dental patient!
    Absolutely...

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

For some of the prices quoted am i along in expecting to have purchased thurso or wick bridge ?

Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

I can tell you after breaking my jaw plate,i was asked if i would consider tooth implants ay 2,500,per tooth i needed 8,i dont think so,but as for a bridge how many teeth are on the bridge i'mm getting one a bridge and it's £100 for the temp,and then £700 for the real one,hence i have not gone back to have the real one fitted yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12