Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Patirne Hill?

Default Patirne Hill?

anybody ever heard of or know where patirne hill is? Think it is somewhere in the triangle of watten, wick and latheron but, canna see it on any maps. Cheers.

going to my pals for dinner and she has an old map on her wall will look for it then

Did a search of the memory map of the north Scotland area and it found nothing. Could the spelling be wrong? Tried a few variations but still nothing.

Never heard of it, is there something about patirne hill, historically or are you just curious.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

aye, could be spelled wrong. It is taken from a 1861 census entry. Thanks for yer messages. Census entry says 159 acres at patirne hill. The rest of the family (Donaldson) were from roond about toftgun/camster way... So, think it is one of these hills near there. Yes, just historical interest. ;-) If anyone comes across a similar name give a shout.

This sounded like a challenge to me so I spent a whiley this morning looking at the OS map for Wick & the Flow Country. Couldn't find it.

Found some interesting places names including one called "Bloody Moss" which if i admit I thought to be hilarious. Could just imagine an old farmer deciding on a name for that and cursing out that one.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Also found this a bit of a challenge. Looked in The Caithness Book but could find nothing