Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: best food in Caithness?

Default best food in Caithness?

Who serves the best food (or best value food) - there are some good eateries now such as Bord L'eau in Wick, the Seafood place at Scrabster, who likes what?

We had a cracking meal at the Weigh Inn the other night - two courses, large portions, a coupla pints and coffees for £22 - not bad IMHO

Default good food

The old smiddy Inn Thrumster does a cracking meal large portions nice atmosphere and good prices too!! what else can you ask for

Default Re: good food

Quote Originally Posted by muts
    The old smiddy Inn Thrumster does a cracking meal large portions nice atmosphere and good prices too!! what else can you ask for
    Mmmm - must try the Old Smiddy, not been for a few years!

Mackay's hotel/Ebenezers in Wick is lovely for a meal, a bit expensive for an evening meal but the lunch menu is cheaper and the food is just out of this world - i've never found place to complain yet!

Went to ulbster arms the other day and had a lovely meal, melt in the mouth and good prices.
    also like the central, upper deck and eh silver darlings does some good stuff aswell.
    went to portlands the other day and wasnt all that keen, not enough for the money that was paid, nice service but just not enough food on the plate for me.

LE BISTRO in thurso do some lovly food. their prices can be alittle high in SOME things, but all their stuff is fresh and local. i love their fish, and their steaks r lovly too like!!! def. worth a try if you want some good food!!

Anonymous Guest

The central's really good for snacks and meals, food's lovely and prices are reasonable

sophietotnot Guest

The Station Hotel in Thurso is great.

Prices dearer now since they refurbished but food is still very good.

The lamplighter restaurant above houstons chip shop in wick does a blinking good feed at the weekends

casper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    just not enough food on the plate for me.

Why does that not surprise us?

blueneep Guest

i find the pentland hotel do superb food at a reasonable price.
    it has a nice atmosphere as well

Default Northern sands hotel

Standard priced menu offering a great deal of choice.
    When it came to my favourite.(DESSERT'S) The strawberry pavlova looked like it would of been fit for a tv advert. Top Quality food at such a low price Niceone da
    Northern Sands hotel

bacardibabe Guest

heard the st clair in castletown is great at weekends 3 courses for £9.50 that is wi steak as a main course option.will try it soon.let you know how it was.

Stegglervision Guest

We went to the Portland Arms at Lybster last week - FANTASTIC food, a little bit pricey - but worth every penny!

I go to the Portlands regularly and the food is always excellent, as is the service, cant say I find it pricey unless you are comparing it to pub grub. Never have had cause to complain at all

Default fantastic food

Looking for a good meal, try the St Clair Hotel, Thurso, Food Fantastic

I have to agree with Johndy, the food in the St Clair or Thurso Town Lodge as it's going to be called is second to none.

The new owners Helen and Jerry will make the hotel great again, just like they did with the Portlands. Good food and a nice relaxing atmosphere.

OUCH!!

Her indoors says that her cooking is better and to let you all know!!!!

It's not of course.

andrew.bowles Guest

has anyone tried the cafe' at berriedale new owners food really good and opening hours are longer to?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast