Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Millionaire shortbread

Default Millionaire shortbread

Anybody ken an easy recipe for millionaire shortbread

Cheers

Default millionaire shortbread

There is no easy or cheats way to make this shortbread, it's a scutter but worth it if you can get it hidden quickly before it evaporates into thin air.

Smile Millionaire shortbread

Have you tried using the tins of caramel instead of making it? Might save you a bit of hassle.

I crush up shortbread pieces with a rolling pin the put it in a bowl and add a blob of marge and mix it in with the shortbread crumbs once its mixed put in a tray. Then put it in the fridge for an hour and leave it.
    I then use the ready made caramel you get in tins heat and pour over your shortbread. leave to cool then pour on your melted chocolate.

Easy and tastes great I sometimes change the shortbread for digestives and do the same either way it tastes good

Quote Originally Posted by goldenguernsey View Post
    Have you tried using the tins of caramel instead of making it? Might save you a bit of hassle.
    Did make it last week we a recipe i found, the toffee is no probs to make ( dinna lek at tins o caramel) it wiz e shortbread base that i was having the trouble with, had to make 2 lots of it the 2nd one was eatable just, need to practice making shortbread a bit more

Default Baking

I prefer KKK think the base is easier to make & tastes far better

Default ???

whats KKK I cant say I have heard of this or is it initials for something
    n/a