Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Could you?

Default Could you?

Just read about an earthquake survivor who was trapped and cut off his own leg
    I suppose the will to live over rides all at times like this but do you think you could? I think that would take tremendous courage and a huge pain threshold

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...ff_His_Own_Leg
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Apparently there's a tiny part of your brain that will not let you die, it keeps you alive at all costs There was a guy on a mountain in California and his arm was trapped under a boulder, and this part of his brain forced him to cut off his arm. He passed out several times with pain, then god up and went home, leaving his arm behind...

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedtreefrog View Post
    He passed out several times with pain, then god up and went home, leaving his arm behind...
    As ye do
    Greed & Competition aren't the result of immutable human temperament, greed & fear of scarcity have being created & amplified. Consequently, we've got to fight with each other in order to survive!

Always reminds me of a film where a bloke is handcuffed by his ankle to a bomb on a timer. He is left a hacksaw. It would take too long to cut through the handcuffs . . .

Don't think it was a comedy

Like the film Saw where he had to saw his ankle off...Ah man just the thought of it
    Greed & Competition aren't the result of immutable human temperament, greed & fear of scarcity have being created & amplified. Consequently, we've got to fight with each other in order to survive!

That was my though too saw
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio12thNov View Post
    Like the film Saw where he had to saw his ankle off...Ah man just the thought of it
    Could be a little sore!